Chapter 7: It's Alive!

__________

Last Chapter-

You bashed one of the boxes open. Out came out a river of watery, melted candy... Oh, no... But also large light blue reflecting panels of hard candy... Almost like a mirror. When the watery candy reached the Gremloblin, something horrific happened, it turned even larger, and scarier, and it grew wings. Though right before staring deep into your eyes, you pulled out one of the shards of the mirror candy and placed it between you and the Gremloblin.

__________

The creature stared intensely at the shard. You felt scared, yet you were putting on a brave look. Ford stared in shock at the situation. The Gremloblin's eyes stared intensely. Mabel and Dipper ran into the room and saw the situation unfold. Dipper stared in shock, as did Mabel.

The Gremloblin flew away in fear and bashed through the roof. It was finally gone... And hopefully gone for good... Dipper's jaw dropped and exclaimed, "Y/N!? Grunkle Ford!? Are you okay!?" You stared to your side to see Dipper run to you. You drop the piece of candy out of shock, "Ow!" You glanced down to see the candy shard dropped on your foot. It was very heavy. You fell down on the ground from pain and Dipper grabbed your hand to help you get up, "Are you okay!?" You limped up, hopefully, my foot isn't broken... "Yeah... I...-I'm okay..." You mumbled, still in a bit of pain. You turn back to Ford, "Are you okay? What happened? How did you get like this?" Ford sighed hesitantly to relax, "That creature is called the Gremloblin. Well, I named it..." You think to yourself, Bill was right... Ford continued, "Anyway, I woke up in a dark room. I saw the Gremloblin and began running. I got to this room, and you found and saved me." Mabel runs to Ford and hugs him tightly, "I was so worried about you!"

You and Ford talk about the situation, "How did you find me?" You pause in your tracks and think. Dipper mentions, "She woke me and Mabel up, and we found you missing. We started venturing out to find you and heard your yell." Ford turns to you and questions, "Well, I'm glad that you woke up at the right time. That was very convenient..." You smile at Ford and continue walking. "Though, how did you know how to defeat the Gremloblin?" You flinch at the question in shock... Bill Cipher told you... But you knew from the journal that Bill and Ford had a certain rivalry. So mentioning him would cause a certain panic attack for Ford... You only read one page anyway... And you knew that this was a hard dead end to get out of... You thought about it, "You said that the Gremloblin had nightmare-inducing powers... And the red glowing eyes... You looked the most scared when the Gremloblin had yellow glowing eyes... So I pieced together that the way it induced nightmares was through eye contact... And well, I thought I could give it nightmares so I showed it its own eyes... Like Medusa or something..." You explained to Ford... Ford thought about it and shrugged to approve your explanation. You sighed with relief.

"I'm sorry we weren't there to help..." Dipper apologized sincerely. Mabel nodded sadly. Ford smiled and said, "It's okay. As long as I'm safe now..."

You arrive at the crater place, and Mabel looks happy. Ford looked down it from the bridge as we were crossing. He mumbled to himself, "What an interesting bit of technology..." You kept walking across. Ford and Dipper reached the other side, they were fast walkers. But you and Mabel were still on the bridge, she was walking in front of you. When she reached the other side, you hesitated to step from the bridge. "C'mon! Let's explore!" Mabel hinted for you to go faster. You were staring down at the bridge, it was creaking and swaying side to side. When Mabel jumped from the bridge to the hallway, you sped up your pace to catch up. Though, the lights started flickering, and then everything went dark. You heard a weird metallic cracking under your feet and a crash sound. You feel a sense of losing touch with reality as you realize, the bridge just broke... The lights flickered on and you were holding onto the edge with your dear life.