Chapter 16: Father's Day

__________

Last Chapter-

"Wait... Isn't it Father's Day tomorrow?"

__________

June 16.

Fathers Day.

You woke up to your phone vibrating viscously, "What the heck? Did I forget to turn off my alarm?" But then you look down at it to see, "Father's Day."

You sigh and think about it, "Father's Day, huh?" You sit thoughtfully, thinking about something. But then you realize that your phone is still vibrating so you quickly turn it off. You lay back down on the bed, "Father's Day..." The words kept echoing through your head. Then, you understood why, "I don't live with my family anymore... I have no father to celebrate Father's Day with..." You sat up on your bed, "Maybe I could find someone else... To celebrate Father's Day with?" You kept thinking about that concept.

You walked downstairs to the gift shop of scams. You saw Stanley talking to Wendy. You eavesdropped a bit of the conversation and figured out that Stan was annoyed with Wendy's work quality. While that was happening, you decided not to bother Stan and just work for a little bit, since you had nothing else to do.

"Hello, Y/N," You hear a deep voice from behind you... It was Ford... "Hello, Grunkle Ford," You sighed and kept sweeping the floors. "Is everything alright?" Ford asked. You sighed once again and turned to Ford, "Yeah, I'm fine... Just a bit bored. I decided to sweep the floors, since... It is my job." Ford smiled, "I'm glad that you're not too busy..." You paused, "Why is that?" "Dipper invited me to seek a treasure chest with him. He's hoping to become rich like you, Y/N," Ford chuckled. You chuckled along, "Then why are you inviting me?" Ford bent down to you and smiled calmly, "You are keen. I think that you would be a real help. You saved me one time, and I thank you for it. You are great at adventuring, and I strongly hope that I can trust you."

You knew it right there. That the best person to celebrate Father's Day was... Ford.

But know that you knew. What were you going to get him?

You, Ford, and Dipper went along on the adventure. "Is Mabel not coming?" You asked. Dipper answered, "No, she's off at the dentist's after one of her braces broke because she ate too much card candy." You sighed, "Poor Mabel..." Ford smiled, "At least today, Waddles is going to be released from the veterinarian's. Mabel is so happy that he's feeling better." You smiled too, "Oh yeah, Mabel told me about Waddles... I can't wait to see him!"

You went through the weird forest for a while. Made some jokes with Dipper. And had fun. But then, you saw something... The place... The place the stone statue of Bill Cipher was... WAS... You slowed down in your tracks to look at the spot from afar in weirded-out amazement. "C'mon!" Dipper shouted from in front of you. You sigh and say, "Coming!" And caught up to Dipper and Ford.

There you were, once again, at the beach. It was hot and humid. "The map says that it should be right around... Here," Dipper glanced at the map and stared at the ground. Ford bent down to touch the sand, "It's fairly hard... I think it might be possible for there to be a treasure chest underneath." Dipper smiled in excitement and turned to you, "Y/N! Y/N! What do you think!?" You pause, shrug, and chuckle, "Why are you asking me?" Dipper sighed disappointedly, "I don't know... You were right about the whole abandoned candy factory thing that I thought maybe you would be right about this..." You sighed, "It was all a big coincidence." Dipper hesitated, but then suddenly asked, "Maybe you should predict this!? We could see if you get it right the second time! Like a fun little game, we could do..." "Let me think about that..." You pondered.