Chapter 36: Light Up the Night

__________

Last Chapter-

Robbie walked over to you with Tambry and said, "Anyway, I guess I'll stick with you to maybe show you around." You chuckle and say, "Thanks." Ford's expressionless expression stayed on and he sighed, "Fine, would be helpful. We're looking for the Grand Hall?" Robbie raised an eyebrow, "Really? I guess we could lead you the way... We were also planning to go to the Grand Hall. It's like the greatest event place through this whole fest."

__________

Everyone walked through the fest. You had a bored expression on your face as Ford had a nervous one, and Robbie and Tambry had an expressionless one. Tambry showed Robbie her phone and said, chewing bubblegum in her mouth, "It should be right around the corner." Robbie looked at you and rolled his eyes, "Whatever, that's great." You approached a giant building, "The Grand Hall, hm?" Tambry rolled her eyes, "Yes, whatever. Let's just go in." You checked your phone and screwed your face at what you saw, "Apparently, the Grand Hall will feature comedy and music." Robbie chuckled, "Comedy!? More like cEMOdy!" You remarked, "I think this event is going to be pretty fun."

You all walk inside, a woman dressed in a black dress, with pale makeup greeted you, "Hello, everyone." Robbie responded subconsciously, "Sup." The goth woman looked at Ford and said, "You don't look to be the type of guy to be at an emo fest." Ford got nervous and put his hand on your shoulder, "I'm just leading her the way..." The goth looked down at you and said, "Oh hey, I like your dress... And yeah, that checks out. And hey, on the count of that nice outfit, I'm going to let you in for free." She gave you all a pass and you all walked in. Ford turned to you, "That was smart of you to put on a dress to blend in with the theme." You shrugged, "It's for fun anyway, we just got lucky with her."

You sat to the right of Ford. Robbie sat next to him too and Tambry sat next to Robbie. There was a crowd of people forming in the row of seats. It had old-themed lights which lit up the atmosphere (pun not intended). And in all, there was an old-themed jazzy feeling to the place.

After a long while, a man dressed in a light yellow suit came out with a microphone in his hand. He had short wavy (almost curly-like) brown hair under his flat black hat. The crowd quieted up and whispered to each other about the man. "Doesn't look like a good comedian." "At an emo fest? Really? This guy looks from a jazz band." "Maybe there will be some good in him?"

He nervously chuckled and started up, "Welcome to the Grand Hall! I'll be your host, Jerry. Tonight on our program we'll have comedy and songs!" Ford sat back in his seat and raised an eyebrow, intrigued. Jerry, had a nervous sweat go down his neck, "What did the fish say when he swam into a wall? Dam." Ford made a facepalm and whispered to you, "Well, this started off awkward..." The audience stayed silent. The guy made another joke, "What do you call a can opener that doesn't work? A can't opener!" He kept making awkward jokes, you could see him becoming more and more nervous. The more tense he got, the more botched the jokes.

Suddenly one emo guy in the audience yelled out, "BOO! TELL US SOME ACTUALLY FUNNY JOKES!" A goth woman yelled out after him on the other side of the room, "BOO! TELL US SOME GOOD JOKES LIKE Y/N!" Other people in the room joined and started chanting, "Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" Ford looked at you with a confused countenance. Everyone in the room joined in and chanted, "Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" Jerry said, "Alright! Alright! Y/N, if you're in this room. Please raise your hand!" Robbie stared at you weirdly, "I didn't know you were a comedian." You shrugged, "Neither did I." Robbie widened his eyes in surprise. You looked at Jerry and slowly raised your hand, "I'm Y/N." Robbie was pointing at you, indicating that it was you. And Ford kept a facepalm on his face, and you whispered to him, "Why not have some fun tonight while we're here anyways? You can go check about the whole ghost thing while I'm out." Ford sighed and agreed, taking off his facepalm, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to have you. While you distract the audience, I can take care of that situation in secret. We don't want extra attention to this whole mess."