Chapter 25: A Day Spent in Nightmares

__________

Last Chapter-

Ford looked back at the time, "1:00 A.M.!? Wow, we talked for a pretty long time... I think we should better go to sleep." You sighed, "Well, I hope to see you tomorrow." Ford put his hand on your right shoulder, "Goodnight, I hope you will dream like Dimitri Mendeleev." You and Ford laughed together pretty hard. "Goodnight to you too, great minds deserve great rest." Ford smiled and waved bye as you went upstairs to go to sleep.

__________

You heard hysterical laughter as you went to bed, "Bill, can you please stop? You're not letting me sleep..." You hear even louder, even more hysterical, laughter, "KID! I'M A DREAM DEMON! I CONTROL YOUR SLEEP NOW!" You stuffed your face in your pillow, still trying to sleep, "Well, can you let me get the rest I need?" "Sure kid, but you'll jump awake as soon as you fall asleep!" Bill snickered. You sigh, "Was this what you meant by that you induce nightmares? And that you are a nightmare? I still remember the whole Gremloblin situation..." Bill turned serious, "Just remember, don't get cocky with me..." You roll your weary eyes, "I won't..." Bill then muttered, "Eh, I guess I'll let you sleep. I like seeing 'ya directly instead of just looking at you in the mirror. Remember: Your eyes are my eyes..." You sighed at Bill's shenanigans. He laughed, "See you in your nightmares!"

It was black, and you remember hearing three giant wooden cracks. But other than that, there was nothing.

You suddenly jump up from your bed with your heart beating fast. Your breath was rapid, yet you didn't remember anything. You look around, it seemed normal. You then looked at your hands, normally dreams mess up your perception of hands... But this wasn't the case. Is it even a dream? You yell, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?" You suddenly look to see Dipper outside on the roof, looking at you through the window, "Y/N, are you okay?" You look down at your hands once again, and jump up from your bed, "THIS ISN'T A DREAM, RIGHT?" Dipper shakes his head, "Y/N, what has gotten into you?" You start crying, "PLEASE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING!" You keep looking at your hands in disbelief. You sat down on your bed. Dipper crawled through the window, "I'm just curious..." He walked up to you crying. You look at Dipper with tired eyes, "I don't remember..." Dipper sat down next to you, "Did you have a nightmare or something?" You cried, though a bit more relaxed. You just calmly sobbed, "I-I just need to talk to me for a moment..." Dipper sighed, "Alright, I'll leave you to it... Talking to yourself helps to relax. After you're done, just meet me, Mabel, and Wendy on the roof." Dipper then looked out the window and shouted something indistinct from you. He crawled through the window and ran on the roof.

You sighed to yourself, "Bill, be honest with me... What happened?" Bill said, "I tried to give you nightmares, but something went wrong and... We accidentally deleted three doors to your memories... And interesting ones at least!" You ponder, wait... What?.. Bill chuckled, "Ha! The Eye of Providence will see 'ya later! And really, some memories and thoughts are not important." Bill brushed it off, but you angrily said, "Hey! You still owe me an explanation! What in the living hell happened!?" Bill sighed, "Well I might as well tell you if it is your mind... You see... Your mind is different. There's the real world, the Mindscape, and the Nightmare Realm." You stand up, "I'm following..." Bill says, "Your Mindscape, and the Nightmare realm... Have a very thin wall between 'em. Not like others." "So?" You asked, in the process of making tea for yourself. "So, listen, do you see anything... Generally weird?" You slurp up some of your tea, "Mhmm..." Bill chuckles, "I couldn't give you nightmares! What you consider a nightmare isn't by human standards! But MY STANDARDS!" You chuckled and coughed up your tea a bit, "So what you're trying to say here is that I scarred you?" Bill's voice quiets down, "Not quite... You just gave me a little... Unexpected experience for a human." You sighed, "So what now?"