Chapter thirteen

There miiiiight be a little something in the chapter. Little breadcrumbs if you will ;) I don't know if I should make you guys suffer and wait longer or not😭 Maybe I'll give you guys a little something these next few chapters IF I feel nice enough.

~

As the days passed I found myself chilling with Gelina in her cell. It all started when Gelina wanted me to eat lunch with her. She had been refusing meals in her time here. Ghost wanted to come with me because he didn't want me alone with her. "I don't trust her." Ghost told me. We were standing outside and Ghost was giving me hell about letting him join me. "It's fine, I've been alone with her multiple times. She's harmless." I smiled at him before walking away.

"Yeah because planning on attacking a country is harmless!" Ghost called out. "She planned, she didn't do it!" I called back. Before muttering a quick, "yet."

My first look at Gelina I almost didn't recognize her. She was pale and her face was much skinnier. I grabbed my lunch and ate with her. She ate almost animalistically.

That was a week ago. Gelina still wasn't talking about the third shipment and I didn't hammer her with questions just yet. "This place is a living hell." Gelina told me between bites. "At least you're not getting tortured. And you have three meals a day and you are able to see the sun rise and set." I told her. Compared to other places, this was the best it was going to get.

"Well, I guess you're right. The people we've held captive barely got any food." She shrugged her shoulders as she finished her meal. She pointed at my slightly touched food and looked up at me. "Are you gonna finish that?" She asked me.

I chuckled softly and slid my plate towards her. "Have at it." I quickly realized that Gelina wasn't really bad. Well, she wasn't bad for a terrorist.

"I'm guessing you wanted to bring up the third shipment failure?" Gelina asked as she took a bite out of what was my sandwich, but now hers. "I wasn't. But since you brought it up..." I trailed off my sentence, Gelina getting the hint.

The atmosphere around us turned to a more serious manner than the calm manner we had before. "Andrei knew what was happening." Gelina blatantly pointed out. "Yeah- I'm kind of aware of that." I crossed my legs and leaned back in my seat. "There are only three places he could've hidden that final missile."

I stared at her, listening intently. "I only know two of his hideouts. The third place he tells no one- not even me."

She motioned for a piece of paper and a pen, jotting down the coordinates. "If it's not in these two places then it's definitely in the third." She told me. "Will I see you later for dinner?" She asked with a soft glare in her eyes. "Maybe, but if I can't make it you have to eat your meals." I spoke sternly as if I was speaking to a child.

"Yeah, fine." She grumbled. The metal door behind me unlatched, revealing two soldiers. They waited for me patiently as I stood up. "Bye Knives." Gelina waved slightly. I gave her a soft smile, waving back. "I'll see you later if I can." I told her.

As I stepped out, I came face-to-face with Ghost. I crossed my arms as I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you here?" I asked him. "You said I couldn't be in the room with you. You said nothing about standing outside of the room."

I could hear the smugness in his tone and I just knew he had a smug grin on his face. "Well I got some information on the missiles." I told him. We walked side-by-side going past the metal doors, which held other captives. "Oh yeah?" He asked. "She said there are only three places he could've stored the missile." I held the paper up in front of him.

His gloved hand grabbed the piece of paper, scanning over it intensely. "There's only two coordinates." He pointed out. "That's because she doesn't know the third. No one does. There's a high chance the missile won't be at any of those locations." I told him.