Chapter nineteen

Okay so this chapter is a bit short but the next one will be longer. Make sure to vote and leave a comment if you're comfortable with it and enjoy :))))

I was seated on top of Simon, who lay flat on his back. My hands cupped his cheek, caressing it softly, the feeling of his stubble beneath my fingertips. I looked down at his face, the small scar on his eyebrow, and the small scar on his lips. My fingertips outlined his sharp jawline, my eyes soaking in every inch of his beauty. "Like what you see?" He asked cockily, already knowing the answer to that question.

"You already know I do." I grinned as I dipped down, connecting my lips with his. We were up an hour before the original time we were supposed to wake up. We decided to use this time to just be by ourselves, enjoying the company we had to offer- even if it was just the comfortable silence between the two of us.

I pulled myself back up, my hand resting on his chest. His body heat radiated through the thin cloth of his Navy Blue shirt. The sunlight seeped in through the slightly open curtains, the soft sunlight reflecting off of the silver band bracelet that I had on my wrist. "Find the silver lining." I smiled softly at the engraved lettering.

"Final shipment. Excited?" I asked him. Simon let out a long sigh, his fingers rubbing gentle circles on my thigh. "I just hope everything goes well. Price won't be with us and I will be leading the squad." Simon told me.

I nodded slightly. This mission would be different from the rest. Although Price wouldn't be accompanying us, Graves and Ace would. Ace decided that he wanted to do more than just take apart the missiles. He wanted to get back out into the field, missing the adrenaline rush. Ace was exactly how I was in missions. He too loved the thrill and the danger.

"You'll be safe- right?" He asked me. I smiled softly. "I'll be alright. I'm a big and tough girl. I know how to tie my combat boots and everything." I spoke half-jokingly.

The sound of his alarm clock going off startled me. Simon looked over at the clock, unphased by the sudden noise. He palmed his alarm clock, cutting the sound off quickly. "Dibbs on taking a shower first!" I hopped off of him and dashed out of the room. I could hear Simon laugh behind me.

Everyone got ready and headed to the conference room. Simon had his mask on, this time the actual skull mask rather than the balaclava mask. He was now Ghost.

"As you guys know, Captain Price will not be assisting us on this mission," Ghost told everyone, with an order in his voice. "But Ace and Graves will. The plan is simple. We will scout out the building and see how many guards we are taking on. If the missile is in this building then there will be security."

I stood at the end of the table, my arms crossed over my shoulders as I listened intently. "After we scout out the building, we move in." Ghost finished going over the plan. "Everyone gear up and meet at the chopper in ten." Ghost dismissed us as we grabbed our things.

I quickly strapped my vest onto me and grabbed the things I needed for the mission. Ghost found me in my room, already geared up. "Just wanted to see if you were ready." He told me. Smiling softly, I leaned up and placed a kiss on the skull mask. "Let's go kick some ass and steal a missile!" I whooped as I exited my room, Ghost fast at my feet.

As we made our way to the chopper, the sound of the rotor blades whirring poured into my ears, filling them completely. "Everyone ready?!" Ghost shouted at the top of his lungs so we could hear him over the sounds of the rotor blades cutting through the air.

"Yes sir!" We all said in unison as we piled into the chopper. I took my seat in between Ace and Ghost and grabbed a headset, putting it on. The headset immediately drowned out the mechanical whirring as I leaned back in my seat. "Alright, now don't forget the plan. We have one chance to do this so none of you fuck this up." Ghost told us, his voice coming off strong through the headset.

The feeling of the chopper lifting slowly, going gradually higher sent a feeling crashing over my body.

My heart pounded into my chest as the pilot began to fly the chopper toward our location. The feeling of anxiety overpowered the adrenaline, making me feel more anxious than anything. I looked down at the silver band, my fingertips gliding over the smooth silver.

My hand slid over the engraved words. "Find the silver lining." What was the silver lining in this situation? We were so close to completing this mission. But once this mission was done, I knew I had to go.

The cons began to outweigh the pros and before I knew it, the silver lining completely vanished. I shook myself from these thoughts, pulling my head back to the mission. I needed to stay focused. I wanted to so badly grab Ghost's hands and interlock my fingers with his. But Ghost separated the mission from his love life. He was one way in private and another way in the field.

I leaned my head back, my eyes closing. I inhaled softly, a soft exhale following soon after. I tried to steady my nerves, trying to prevent my anxiousness from getting in the way of getting my job done.

Before I even knew it, the chopper began lowering. I had not realized that we had been in the air for a few hours. We unloaded out of the chopper, grabbing our guns and necessary items. We walked into the beeline of trees and a few miles out would be the building.

I walked in the front alongside Ghost, my gun in my hands. Using my free hand, I pushed the branches out of my face, allowing myself easier access to continue moving. "You alright, Sarge?" Ghost asked me. His tone was hushed so only I would be able to hear him. I turned to look at him, forcing a smile. The last thing I wanted was for Ghost to think that I wasn't focused. "Yeah, I'm fine." I quickly assured him. "Are you?" I asked.

"Always." He told me. As we continued our trek deeper into the woods, we stopped a good distance away from the building so our cover wasn't blown. "Everyone gather around." Ghost ordered.

I stood in between Graves and Ace as we gathered around Ghost, who was going over to plan.

He gave us our orders, telling us where to go and what to do. Two of us would take the front, just as two of us would take the side and the back. Ghost began pairing us up. Soap and Gaz, Ace and Graves, and finally Ghost and me.

Just as we went to move in, the sound of twigs snapping caught our attention. My eyes darted towards Ghost's, whose eyes soon met mine for only a millisecond. I turned around, my gun aimed at wherever the sound came from.

After that, darkness