Chapter Forty-One

This chapter is going to be a short chapter. All I can say is... I'm sorry guys don't hate me.

The silence was almost deafening. I could feel the lumps of dirt and leaves under my knees as I knelt down, the thick trees keeping me safely hidden in the dark. Amelia knelt down beside me, handing me the sniper in her hands. I cut my night vision off and peered through the scope.

The campsite was rather small, consisting of only a limited number of soldiers. They all wore the same attire. Black shirts, black cargo, and black boots. On each of their shirts was a silver pin with a symbol on it. The silver was molded to look like a small flame that sat in a perfect circle. I counted down the soldiers who walked along their camp, making sure to not move far from their setup. "How many are there?" Amelia asked me in a hushed whisper.

"Fourteen," I told her. "Although there could still be more," I added, not wanting to sound too sure. "I wish we could just snipe them." Amelia sat back as she spoke in a low grumble. "I think it would be a little suspicious if their soldiers started dropping like flies." I continued peering through the scope.

I saw a tent that was larger than the rest. Soldiers moved in and out of the tent and I tried getting a glimpse into it, but to no avail, I wasn't able to get even the tiniest glimpse. "There's a tent on the campsite. Seems like some real important stuff is in it." I spoke through the coms. "Just keep scoping. Soap and I will see if we can get a better look at it." I heard Ghost's raspy voice say on the other end of the coms. "Roger that." I peered back into my scope, scanning out the place.

"Knives!" Amelia's hushed whisper was sharp and loud enough for me to hear clearly. I looked over at her, feeling a sharp pain in my jaw as someone from the side of my eyes punched me harshly. I engaged my night vision and turned on my back.

A soldier stood before me, holding his gun out. Before he could even pull the trigger, Amelia tackled him down to the ground. Amelia threw a few good punches before he ended up kicking her off of him. His attention was now on Amelia. He hadn't noticed that I moved swiftly, creeping to the side of him. He searched blindly through the dark for his gun, not realizing that I kicked it far to the side.

I punched him in the face, sending him down to the ground. "That's for aiming for the face you prick." I spat, throwing a second punch. He stumbled back a bit, trying to regain his composure and stability. Amelia punched him on his right side and I attacked his left. We sent blow after blow, not allowing him to even have the chance to collect himself.

Amelia threw one last punch and I topped it off with a spin kick. The heel of my heavy boot connected with his jaw, knocking him out cold. (A/n: Whew! YEAH, BITCH FUCKING GET HIS ASS FUCKING PUSSY! TRY THE FUCK AGAIN BITCH!!!! TRY THE FUCK AGAINNN!!!)

The sound of mine and Amelia's breathing filled the silence as my chest rose and fell. "Shit, we really make a good team." Amelia faced me, her smile shining bright in the night vision. "That was a really good kick." She complimented. I smiled, taking the compliment very highly. "Thank you, and you really have a good arm," I told her. "But what do we do with him?" I pointed down to the unconscious soldier. "Shit," She muttered under her breath.

"We have an unconscious soldier on our side? Permission to kill him? Over," I spoke through the com, waiting for the signal. "Permission granted." Price's hushed voice boomed through the coms. I pulled out my handgun with a suppressor attached to the barrel. I pulled the trigger, watching the silent bullet lodge into the man's brain. "I'll hide the body." Amelia offered.

She grabbed onto the soldier, dragging him into the darkness until she was out of sight. The sounds of crickets were almost deafening and I took my place next to the tall tree. I could hear twigs snapping in the distance and I turned my head to see Amelia making her way toward me. "How's everyone doing on their end?" Alejandro asked quietly. "Good on our end," I spoke simply, keeping conversation to a minimum. "Good on our end too," Gaz spoke for Price and himself.

We waited for Ghost and Soap to respond, but never heard from them. "Soap? Ghost?" I asked, worriedly. I could feel the panic rise through me as the silence filled my ears. "Soap! Ghost!" Gaz's voice came off sharper as he too began to get worried. Silence.

"Guys, what happened to Soap and Ghost?" I asked quickly. "They were supposed to get closer to check out the tent." I heard Rudy say.

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. Had they been caught? "We have to go out there," I spoke quickly, feeling the panic completely take control over me. I wasn't one to let my fear take over and I sure as hell wasn't one to let it show either. This time was different. Fear was plastered all over my face and visible in my tone.

"We can't! They have too many resources. We need backup." Alejandro told me. I only shook my head as if he could see me. "I'm not leaving without them." I protested. The last thing I would do is leave them behind. "Knives, we need to wait. Everyone meet back at the Jeep- that's an order." Price's voice practically cut into my ears. I felt torn. Price was my boss but I couldn't pry myself away from my spot.

I couldn't wait a second longer, I had to go back. "Knives, they won't be there for too long. We're getting a stronger army and then we are coming back. I know you love them, but you'll be no good to them dead." Amelia placed her hand on my shoulder. I let out a soft sigh, turning to look at her. "I don't want them thinking we just abandoned them," I told her. The amount of guilt I felt already was unbearable.

"They won't think that. They'll know we'll come back." She tugged at my arm, pulling me away from my spot. I followed her through the woods, the twigs and leaves crunching under my heavy boots.

My heart had a sunken feeling to it and it felt as if I had been stabbed in the heart with a sharp dagger. We saw everyone waiting at the Jeep.

Everyone except Soap and Ghost.

SIKE! No one died... Yet.