Chapter eighteen

I was scheduled to meet with Gelina in a few hours to try and pry anything out of her about the third location. This time, I decided on hammering her with questions rather than taking the calm approach. Our deadline was arriving soon and fast.

In the meantime, everyone was seated in the rec room. Everyone besides Ace and Price. Price was off doing paperwork per usual and Ace was taking apart the missile- per usual.

Ghost was seated in a chair while Gaz, Soap, and I were sprawled out on the couch in a comfortable position. We talked for quite a while, indulging in deeper conversation. Soap and Gaz talked about their childhoods, meanwhile Ghost stayed silent. I listened intently, nodding my head every now and then. "What about your childhood lass? Was it all sunshine and rainbows?" Soap asked me.

"My childhood was two thumbs down." I told them, putting both of my thumbs down as I poked my tongue out and puffed my cheeks, a long noise coming from my mouth.

I never liked bringing up my childhood- if that is what you would like to call it. "Are your parents alive?" Gaz asked me. "Oh very much so. They're like roaches- even an explosion couldn't get rid of them." I chuckled softly as I took a sip of my coffee.

I looked at the time and stood up. "Well ladies, looks like I gotta motor on." I told them. I glanced at Ghost, giving him a small smile before exiting the home, the front door slamming shut behind me.

I hopped in one of the cars, putting the car key in the ignition. Once I turned the key, the loud roar of the engine filled my ears. I quickly buckled up before putting the car in drive, pressing my foot gently against the gas pedal. I drove down to the compound that held Gelina.

She was transferred to the interrogation room, where she waited patiently for my arrival. A grin tugged at her lips, smile lines forming at the ends. "On time." She told me. "I'm always on time." I grinned as I pulled the chair back and sat in it. "Now, the third location." I began.

"What happened to hello, huh soldier?" She asked me, grinning smugly. "I'll keep that in mind when I have enough time. Now talk." My voice turned stern and impatient. Gelina let out a long sigh as she leaned forward in her chair. "How long do you have?" She asked me. "A week." I told her. She nodded her head slowly. "What are some things you knew about Andrei... personal things?" I asked her, diving deep into the questions.

"Hated his father, loved his brother, and he never knew his mother." She spoke blatantly. "Did he ever talk about his childhood memories?" I asked her. Gelina nodded her head slowly. "Who did he talk most about?"

"Anton. His older brother." She answered, swirling her water around in her styrofoam cup with her plastic straw. "Were there ever any places Andrei and Anton would go?" I asked her, writing down small notes in my notepad, small scribbles neatly filling the lines. "Not that I remember." She told me, thinking hard about my question.

I set my pen down on my notebook, letting out a small sigh. Our time for the third shipment and we still had no leads, and the fact that we still had to capture Andrei made things worse. "Although..."

Gelina's voice caught my attention, causing my gaze to quickly shift into her direction. "There was this place that he and his brother would go to explore all the time. It was an abandoned building but it had been fixed up years ago." Gelina told me.

"Where is this building?" I asked her. She motioned toward the notepad and pen, which I slid her way. The sound of the pen scribbling against the paper filled my ears as I watched her write down the final location anxiously. "If you are to find Andrei, you must promise me he won't get hurt." She told me firmly. "I promise." I told her.

She slid the notepad my way. Like a giddy child, I grabbed onto the notepad, my eyes scanning the yellow paper with black ink on it. "Thank you Gelina. You've helped us so much." I told her.