Chapter Thirty

A/n: I don't think I took too long to update. But either way, enjoyyyyy:))))

"Wakey! Wakey!" My body jerked as I jolted awake to the feeling of harsh tugging. Gaz crouched in front of me, grinning wide with a devious look in his eye. "You prick!  Why the hell would you do that?!" I questioned, still groggy from the rude awakening. "Not much of a morning person are you?" Gaz stood up straight, looking down at me. "Ya think?!" I spoke sarcastically, still a bit annoyed. Gaz shook his head, chuckling at my annoyance as he turned to get off  the plane. "Hurry it up, Knives." Ghost said, clutching both mine and his bags.

I stood up from my seat and walked down the aisle. Soap was the first one to get off, Gaz second, Ghost third, and me last. I raised my hand, shielding my poor eyes from the bright sun's rays. "Task 141!" A male voice boomed, a Spanish accent lacing his words with excitement.

I looked over to see a Hispanic man starting toward us, a large smile on his face. "I am Alejandro Vargas, Bienvenidos a Las Almas!" (Welcome to Las Almas!) He gestured us toward the jeeps. "And here you are." Alejandro led me to the passenger seat. "A lady needs her own space." He added. I politely thanked him as I turned to face the others, a grin on my face. "You hear that? I need my own space." I grinned.

We drove through the city to make our way to the base. People flooded the busy streets, and small shops sprawled out along the sidewalks. Children played outside and people worked to sell their freshly made food. The place was bright and colorful and the happiness on people's faces added to the effect. "It's beautiful." I could hear the laughter amongst the busy people as they talked quickly in Spanish.

"Marcado, eres tú!" One brown haired tapped on another. The other boy laughed as he chased his friend. "Fruta fresca para la venta!" An elderly woman called out. She stood in front of her small shop set-up, a variety of fruits neatly stacked on the shelves.

"I was briefed on your mission and I was happy to help. I had a run-in with that bastard Graves. Es un jodido gilipollas." He gripped the steering wheel, a sense of anger flooding over him. (he's a fucking asshole)

"So... We taking him in or killing him?" Alejandro asked. "I'm more of a fan for killing him." I turned to Alejandro, smiling. "It's so bright outside," I said, not used to hot weather like this. I grew up in Michigan, the most bipolar state. It would snow in spring. Alejandro leaned down, grabbing a pair of sunglasses. "Here you go."

I thanked him, taking the shades from his hands. I leaned back in my seat, chilling in silence while the rest of them engaged in conversation, mainly about the mission. We pulled up to the base, driving past the barracks. We drove slowly, passing the soldiers who greeted us with smiles, some simply not noticing our arrival.

Alejandro pulled next to two other jeeps, parking in front of a home similar to the one we stayed at. "Choose your rooms and get comfortable. We will have a meeting in twenty." Alejandro informed us.

We grabbed our belongings, climbing out of the jeep. Soap and Gaz pushed past Ghost and I, racing each other to the first room. "Well- this is new." I looked around. "It's nicer." Ghost added. I walked through the house, finding a room. It was a nice-sized room. The bed was bigger than the last one with colorful blankets and pillow cases to match the nice pattern. A small desk was pushed against the wall, a large window above with a rustic orange curtain. There was a large dresser and beside it, a closet. I walked to the closet, opening it to see the size. My eyes widened when I realized it was not a closet, but a bathroom.

"You like the room?" I heard a voice ask behind me. I turned to see Ghost leaning against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest. I gestured him to come closer, not saying anything but the smile on my face said it all. Ghost pushed himself away from the doorframe, his heavy footsteps echoed against the walls as he neared my side.