Chapter 10

"What do you think?"

Lou turned her head from side to side. "You're getting good at this." Debbie had pulled Lou's blonde hair back into a ponytail and slicked it down with hairspray so it wouldn't move. It was the best they could do without calling it reinforcements.

Debbie set the can of hairspray down with a little more than necessary. "God, I can't wait until you can use your right hand."

"That's what she said."

Debbie stared at Lou in the mirror, refusing to crack a smile. "Really, with the sex jokes"

Lou picked up her blush brush and rain it across her cheeks. "You're rubbing off on me, I used to be so cultured and well mannered. My mother will be horrified."

According to Lin, it was time for their first official foray into the public domain. The bruising around Lou's eye was almost gone. What was left of it, they'd managed to cover with foundation. The scratches had also healed up quite nicely. In fact, if you could ignore the huge cast on her right arm, Lou Miller was starting to look like herself again. Pretty, Debbie thought. So pretty.

"Don't worry, you're still very cultured." Debbie watched with fascination as Lou put the brush back in the drawer, adjusting it several times to make sure it lined up perfectly with the other makeup brushes. "And I don't even know what that business is," she said, waving her hand over Lou's drawer full of OCD. "But it's my turn to get ready."

"You have 30 minutes. 35 tops!" Lou shouted as Debbie left the room.

***

Forty-five minutes later, Debbie walked into the kitchen wearing a white, long sleeved crop top, fitted navy blue skirt and three-inch silver strappy heels. Her hair was straightened and pulled to one side, revealing a large silver hoop earring.

"Ready?" Lou looked up from her phone, doing a double take. "God."

Debbie filled a glass with water. "You can thank your stylist." She set the water and a pain pill on the counter in front of Lou.

"Lin... um..." Lou couldn't find her words. She'd never seen Debbie this dressed up before, with full makeup and lipstick and heels. The outfit was skin tight and sexy as hell, making Lou feel tingly in unmentionable places. She cleared her throat and let her eyes wander up Debbie's body again. "Lin wants us at Nobu in Malibu. Plenty of paparazzi there tonight."

"Do they have oysters? I want oysters." Lou's eyes were stuck on the thin strip of skin peeking out between Debbie's skirt and top. The bright white top was perfect contrast to her tanned skin, due to time spent poolside.

"I... I... think so."

Debbie grinned. "Eyes up here." Once they made eye contact, she chuckled. "God, you're so gay. Now, take your pill." She pushed the glass of water across the marble countertop. Lou did what she was told and the held the glass in front of her mouth, trying to hide her grin. Even though it wasn't a date, she felt kind of proud that she'd be with the hottest woman in the restaurant.

"We'll take the Maserati tonight."

Debbie walked away, swinging her hips a little more than usual. "Fuck yeah, we will. I didn't just spend all that time in front of the mirror for nothing."

***

Debbie pulled up to the valet at Nobu, feeling a little bit nervous about the attention they would most likely receive. She wasn't the only one dressed to the nines. Lou looked hot as hell in a little sleeveless white dress that hung loosely and came up to about mid-thigh, showing off her toned, sexy legs. The neckline was high, but the fabric sheer down to her cleavage. Broken arm or not, she would definitely turn some heads.