Chapter 32

"Debz?" Lou stepped into the guesthouse. "Hey, where's my girlfriend?" If the happy grin on
Lou's face was any indication, she loved saying that out loud as well.

"Bathroom!"

They'd had an amazing overnight stay in Napa, each of them posting a photo on Instagram before they left. Debbie was a photo of Lou, sitting across the table from her with the tagline - Lucky me.

The comments from fans were overwhelmingly positive, which was a huge relief to Lou. They'd be shooting the final episode next week, followed by a two-month break. Everything had come together as planned. And then some.

"There you are." Lou stepped up behind Debbie and kissed her shoulder, looking at her in the mirror. "Linus is stopping by in a few minutes."

"Linus? Why?"

"I'm not sure. He just asked that we both be here." Lou looked around and noticed that Debbie still hadn't packed up her things. "When are you moving into the main house?"

Debbie tied off her braid and turned around, leaning on the bathroom sink. "I thought I'd work on it tonight."

Lou stepped closer, tucking her finger into the waistband of Debbie's jeans. "Why the worried look?"

"I don't know...I guess I'm not sure you're going to enjoy sharing a closet with me. Or a bathroom. Or a house. Maybe I should stay out here for a while longer."

"You kept my house extremely tidy when I couldn't." Lou tucked a loose strand of hair behind Debbie's ear. "I really don't think it's going to be a problem."

"I did that for you, because I knew it was what you expected." Debbie lowered her gaze. "Can't I just keep my things out here? We don't have to rush into this."

Lou lifted Debbie chin. "I know what I'm getting myself into. I've imagined you stripping your clothes off at the side of the bed and then crawling under the covers. Even right now, I know your toothbrush is on one side of the sink and the toothpaste is on the other. It's fine."

"You've imagined that, huh?" Debbie sat on the counter and pulled Lou in between her legs. "What else have you imagined?"

"Waking up in your arms. I really want to wake up in your arms. And I don't want you rushing out of our bedroom to get ready in the morning. I want you right there with me in that big bathroom with the double sinks." Lou put her hands on Debbie's waist, caressing her stomach with her thumbs.

She'd imagined touching Debbie like this so many times, and had kept herself from actually doing it on a daily basis. Little touches, like when Debbie was making dinner and Lou walked past her to get to the fridge. She often wanted to stop and kiss her shoulder. Put a hand on her hip and thank her for another incredible meal.

So many missed opportunities. But not anymore.

Debbie loosened a button on Lou's blouse, revealing a little more cleavage. "What about the closet, where everything is perfectly spaced and the shoes are all shiny and all the bras have matching panties?"

"Why, Debbie Ocean, did you go rifling through my underwear drawer when I was in the hospital?" Lou joked, because when Debbie said it like that, she felt embarrassed that her little world was so structured and controlled.

Debbie's eyes were locked on Lou's cleavage. "The only thing I'm willing to admit right now, is that I want to rip this blouse off of you." She leaned forward and pressed her lips against Lou's neck. "Mmm...you smell so good."

Lou tilted her head back and put her hand on Debbie's head, loving what those warm lips did to her insides. "You can rip it off of me later, if you want. In fact, I insist on it." She couldn't believe how much she wanted Debbie. It had never been like that with her husband or her previous boyfriends. Sex wasn't something she craved. Not until Debbie.