Chapter 26

Linus turned on the TV. The three of them stood together in Lou's living room.

"They've been teasing it through the entire show." Debbie nudged Lou. "Your life will never be the same."

Linus turned to Debbie. "Do you have your own publicist? Because if anyone's life is about to change, it's yours."

"I can't afford you, Linus."

"I'll give you a deal."

Lou pointed at the TV. "Here we go."

And the story you've been waiting for... has life imitated art? The star herself isn't talking, but a new photo might just say it all. Lou Miller, star of the highly rated series, Jordan's Appeal, has spoken extensively about her character, Jordan Ellis, falling in love with a woman, played by Debbie Ocean of the daytime soap, Light of Day. What she hasn't talked about, are the rumors currently swirling around the two actors that seem to hint at a real-life romance. Is this photo taken on Saturday at a Starbucks in West Hollywood proof that Lou Miller is just as in love with Debbie Ocean as Jordan is with Jane? Take a look folks and let us know what you think on Twitter and Facebook.

Linus turned off the TV. "Perfect. That's exactly what we want."

"What's next?"

Lou had been here before. She knew what was next. Dating Rusty Ryan, then eloping, then divorcing him -the paparazzi had been relentless through it all. She shivered at the thought of what was next, but it would be worth it, she tried to tell herself. She was mostly asking the question for Debbie's sake. Linus would be more diplomatic in his descriptions.

"A paparazzi shitstorm."

Lou's eyes shuttered closed. So much for diplomacy, Linus.

"You'll be hounded until they get something more concrete, which we're not going to give them. Not yet, anyway. And Debbie, you need to warn your family. If you want any other advice from me, I have a contract out in my car."

Lou turned to Debbie. "I don't usually say this when he's in the room, but Linus is the best, and you'll want him in front of you on this. Also, things could get a bit complicated if you were to go with someone else."

Debbie gave her a nod. "Get the contract, Lin."

"Excellent. I need an hour with both of you, right now." As Linus walked to the front door, both Debbie and Lou's phones started ringing. "For the next few hours, let everyone leave a voicemail!" Linus yelled back at them.

***

Debbie hated lying to Danny. She covered her eyes with her hand.

"Deb, are you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here."

"So, are the rumors true? Are you really dating Lou?"

"Yeah. It's um... it just happened, unexpectedly." Debbie knew that Danny wouldn't be surprised by the news. He'd seen something between them. Too bad whatever he'd seen, wasn't real.

"That's the best kind, when you don't see it coming. Mom would..."

"Danny." Debbie didn't want to cry, and if her brother told her the story that she'd heard a thousand time before... "Tell me, Danny. Tell me about that story with mom."

Danny chuckled into the phone. "You know the story. And I'm so happy for you, Deb. You have everything you want now, right? A job, doing what you love. A good woman. Who could ask for more?"

Debbie's heart sank. One day soon, she'd have to admit that she'd lied to him. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Do you love her, Debs? You sound kind of sad."