Prologue

At the Woodsboro hospital, Gale Weathers rested on a bed after surviving recent attacks by a new Ghostface.

She only had a stab wound to her left shoulder, but still had to rest for a few days.

Her husband Dewey and their son Nathan came to visit her at the hospital.

Nathan was a child of just seven years old. His eyes were a dark brown as was his hair, which was somewhat long, almost reaching his shoulders.

After making sure she was okay, Dewey had to go talk to Jill, leaving his wife and son alone.

"Tell me dear, did you have a good time with your grandparents?" Gale asked looking at the younger, who was sitting on a chair to her right with his legs dangling.

"Yes. Grandma and I baked cookies. Grandpa told me stories about when he was young. We went to a park. It was fun." He said with the typical innocent attitude that every child has.

As soon as they knew that a new Ghostface was haunting Woodsboro, both Dewey and Gale made the decision that the best thing to keep their son safe was to send him to his paternal grandparents.

Nathan didn't know what was going on, he just thought he would spend time with his grandparents like he had before.

His parents did not want him to know about the existence of the masked murderer, at least not yet, so they hid it from him so as not to worry him.

"Great." Gale said with a soft smile on her face.

"Oh mom, what happened to your arm?" He asked pointing to his mother's arm.

When it was all over, or so they thought, Dewey went looking for his son at his parents house to take him to see Gale, but not before assuring his parents that his wife was fine.

On the way to the hospital, Dewey told Nathan that Gale had just injured her arm, but that it was nothing serious, something his son believed as he was just a kid with no knowledge of what his parents went through.

"I fell and hit with a piece of furniture. Don't worry, I'll be fine." She assured raising her arm slightly, pretending that it didn't hurt when it really did.

Before they could continue their conversation, Dewey entered the room.

"Is she going to be okay?" Gale asked referring to Jill as her husband approached them both.

"Yeah." He responded standing next to his son and wrapping his arm around his neck in a small hug. "She's a strong girl."

Nathan didn't know who they were talking about, but it seemed to be a friend of theirs who was also in the hospital. Although from what his father said, she seemed to be fine.

"Yes, that's very true." He agreed letting out a small sigh.

"Mm." He nodded before releasing a soft chucke. "She asked if you were okay. She thinks you two should write a book together. With similar scars." He said amused at the idea.

"Scar?" The younger asked confused and then looked at his mother. "Didn't you say you just hit yourself?"

He didn't know anything about medicine, but he did know that scars were generated when a person sustained a deep wound.

He knew this because he had three small scars that he had gotten one day playing with his friends. He fell and injured both knees and his right elbow, which ended up generating the scars he now had.