Chapter 10

In the middle of the night there was a party going on at Amber's house that was originally supposed to be a memorial to Wes, but it seemed more like a common party than an event honoring the deceased.

Chad, Noah and William were in the kitchen surrounded by people scattered around the room with loud music playing.

"Wasn't this supposed to be a memorial?" William asked with his blank stare.

He wasn't a fan of going to parties, he found them boring. He was someone who preferred to stay at home, either reading a book or playing video games.

"It was supposed to be." Noah commented as he handed them each a small glass before pouring vodka into them and another for himself.

"Hey! For Wes!" Chad yelled, getting the attention of the people in the room, who raised their glasses in a toast. "Beautiful son of a bitch." He said in a low voice before drinking the contents of his glass together with his two friends.

"Shots, really?" Amber asked them as a sign of claim, coming up to them and taking away their glasses, leaving them on the counter. "It's supposed to be a memorial."

"Everyone has their own way of dealing with death. Ours is with alcohol." William defended himself vaguely.

"Yes, and it also serves to distract ourselves from the grim specter of death." Chad added agreeing with the brown haired.

"Although, maybe it's not the best thing to get drunk with murderers on the loose." Noah opined thoughtfully.

"And you say that, while you pour yourself another drink?" Amber claimed as she watched him prepare another shot despite his words.

"If I'm drunk while being stabbed, at least it won't hurt as much." He said before drinking the shot at the same time that Mindy arrived next to them.

"Hey, few beers left." The newcomer informed Amber.

"I think there are more in the basement. I'll go get some." She said before leaving.

"That always ends terribly wrong in movies." William commented before seeing Mindy follow Amber. "That will definitely end wrong."

"I'll go with Liv." Chad informed before leaving in search of his girlfriend.

Noah and William exchanged glances before the taller one refilled their glasses and, after downing the shot in one gulp, refilled them and repeated the action.

"I go to the bathroom." The dyed blonde said starting to walk away, although before taking more than two steps, he returned and took the bottle of vodka.

William only watched him walk away, then felt someone put their arm around his shoulders.

"And where were you?" He asked turning to the left, finding Liam drinking a bottle of beer.

"Shoving my tongue down someone's throat." He responded shamelessly.

"Gross." He commented with a slight grimace on his face.

"Considering the fact that I can be killed at any moment by a lover of nineties horror movies, I prefer to enjoy my last moments." He explained drinking from his bottle. "You should do the same."

"I'd rather focus on surviving than enjoying my last moments." He denied before starting to walk away.

Liam stood there for a few seconds before bringing the bottle to his lips and heading somewhere into the house.

----------

Liv was storming towards the back door of the house, intending to get the hell out of there after Chad idiotically revealed that he didn't trust that she wasn't one of the killers.