Chapter 8

As the assassins walked to them, Nathan tried to think of a way to get out of there alive, but he couldn't think of nothing. All the scenarios he imagined ended with both of them being killed.

After what felt like an eternity, the elevator doors opened and when he turned to go inside, he found his father and Sam there.

Seeing both Ghostfaces a few feet away from them, Dewey moved his son from the way and pointed his gun at the assassins and fired two shots, though they both ran in the direction of the hallway to their left, disappearing out of sight.

"Tara!" Sam yelled in concern as she approached both teens.

"I'll go get Richie." Dewey said after having checked Nathan up and down with his eyes, making sure he was okay.

Nathan entered the elevator with Sam next to him and set Tara gently on the floor, for now that the adrenaline left his body, his injuries hurt too much to continue carrying her.

Sam stuck her arm out of the elevator, preventing the doors from closing to wait for Dewey and Richie.

As the two approached, suddenly the Ghostface that was chasing Tara crashed through a window and pushed Dewey against the wall, causing him to drop Richie and fell.

He held Ghostface's wrist preventing them from stabbing him while the hand with which he was holding his gun was immobilized by the masked killer.

He tried to shoot them in the head but he missed, so he opted to push the assassin against the wall behind them.

Nathan began to approach them as fast as he could while his father made his opponent fall to the ground, although they made him fell too.

Dewey dropped his gun as he hit the ground, and when he tried to grab it, Ghostface grabbed his jacket to stop him.

The officer turned just in time to avoid being stabbed, although his attacker began to put their weight on their hands, trying to plunge the knife into him.

Before they could, Nathan reached their side and kicked its ribs with all his might, pulling them off his father.

Dewey took advantage of this and reached for his gun as Ghostface got up.

Once he had the weapon in his hands, he pointed it at the masked one and shot them three times in the chest.

Ghostface staggered backwards until they crashed into a cabinet, smashing the glass doors of the cabinet as shelves and objects fell on them.

"Let's go." Dewey said as he got up and took his son's arm to lead him to the elevator. "Richie." He called him when he saw that he wasn't moving, so he helped him up and walk towards the elevator. "We have to get out of here."

"What about the other one?" Nathan asked as they walked.

"It doesn't matter now. What matters is getting out of here." He said reaching the elevator and pressing the button that would take them to the first floor.

Sam hugged her sister kneeling on the floor while Richie held his injured arm and Nathan leaned his back against the elevator.

"The head." Dewey said putting his hand on the doors before they closed.

"What?" Richie asked with confusion in his voice.

"You have to shoot them in the head, otherwise they always come back." He explained hinting at what he was planning.

"Dewey! Who gives a fuck!? Let's go!" Sam yelled somewhat desperate when she saw him get out of the elevator.

"I do." He said with a slight smile.