Chapter 13

"This time... make sure not to leave me alive." The second those words left his mouth, he charged towards those who were once his friends.

He couldn't handle them both at the same time, not in the deplorable state his body was in at the moment at least. He had to come up with a strategy.

Seeing him heading towards him, Noah moved his right arm back slightly, preparing to stab him in the stomach with his knife.

Nathan knew he would do that, so once he was face to face with him, he pinned his wrist before giving him a chance to try anything.

As soon as he did this, he held his face firmly with his other hand and then placed his right leg behind Noah's. After this, still holding his face, he forced him to walk backwards.

Because his head was being tilted back against his will, Noah stepped back instinctively.

This caused him to trip over Nathan's leg and, before he could even try to avoid falling, he felt his head being pushed down hard until the back of it hit the ground, then everything turned dark.

As soon as he managed to knock Noah out, Nathan had to lean back to avoid a slash aimed at his face from Liam, who was holding his knife with the blade pointing downwards.

After this, Liam again tried to cause some damage to him with the knife, this time with the intention of burying it in the right side of his head.

This didn't happen thanks to Nathan holding his forearm with both hands. Without wasting time, he got up from the ground and pushed him back still without letting go, causing him to collide with a bookshelf behind him.

Finding himself cornered and with the arm holding the knife pinned against his chest, Liam raised his left hand to grab the object and stab Nathan in his right shoulder. He could have injured it in a more important area, like a part of the back for example, but at this moment he couldn't think clearly and explore his options.

Nathan suppressed a groan of pain and grabbed Liam's wrist, still holding his other arm. After this, he quickly headbutted him on the nose.

Liam couldn't help but close his eyes against the pain. His nose was already injured thanks to the kick he received there earlier, so the headbutt affected him much more than it normally would.

Before he could compose himself, he felt the person he was fighting forcefully dig his thumb into his wrist, causing great pain by pressing on the nerves and veins in that area.

This caused him to stop holding the knife, to which Nathan, without a second's hesitation, abruptly removed the sharp object from his shoulder.

When he opened his eyes again, the first thing Liam could see was the knife he was previously holding heading towards his face. Fortunately for him, he managed to stop him from finishing his journey by holding Nathan's wrist firmly with his free hand.

He was getting more and more nervous, as he still couldn't free his right arm from his grip and the knife was getting closer to his face little by little.

He was physically stronger than Nathan, but the position he was in did not favor him at all, making it difficult to push him away.

As if it were a light at the end of the tunnel, an idea that he knew would work came to his mind.

Mimicking what Nathan did earlier, he pressed his thumb on the back of his wrist, causing him the same pain he suffered seconds ago.

This time it was Nathan who dropped the knife as he suppressed a cry of pain.

Not wasting the opportunity he gave himself, Liam punched him hard in the face, causing Nathan's grip on his arm to weaken, allowing him to finally break free.