Chapter 14

Nine days. Nine painfully slow days had passed since what had happened at the Freeman home.

Nine days since two more of their friends died.

Nine days since that nightmare finally came to an end.

Nine days since some of them became murderers.

Among them was Tara, who at this time was again a patient at the Woodsboro hospital. Not only her, but also all the survivors of that night that marked their lives forever.

Both Mindy, Sam and Sidney were the least physically affected, having only received one stab wound each in non-vital areas.

Then there was Gale, who had been shot in the abdomen by Amber and then worsened the wound during their fight.

As for Tara, the only negative thing that happened to her body was that some of the wounds on her back opened up thanks to the erratic movements she made during her short fight with Amber.

It turns out that Chad managed to survive the injuries Noah caused him. He had received multiple stab wounds to his torso that only caused minor damage to some of his organs and a severe blow to his head. This blow caused him a slight brain contusion that doctors said could have been more serious if it weren't for his thick skull, something that Mindy did not hesitate to make fun of, saying that she always knew he was hard-headed.

But the one who was in the worst condition was undoubtedly Nathan.

Right knee and two ribs fractured from the blows Liam gave him with the table decoration. A stab wound to his right shoulder also caused by the brunette. His old wounds had opened up just like Tara's, except for the one on his hand.

As if what Liam did to him wasn't enough, Noah made sure to make it even worse.

His left hand no longer had five fingers, but four thanks to the absence of his little finger. During the ambulance ride to the hospital, the paramedics were so focused on stopping the bleeding from the two gunshot wounds in his body that they did not notice the absence of said finger.

This meant that once they arrived at the hospital, during the surgery in which the doctors saved his life, they had no choice but to close the wound.

If they had had the finger at the time they could have reattached it, but they couldn't risk waiting for it to be brought in because Nathan had already lost too much blood.

Like Chad, he also had a concussion thanks to Noah's hard hits and the times he slammed his head into the concrete wall. What differentiated both cases was that his injury was more serious.

Tara turned to see her sister asleep under the covers of a hospital bed next to hers, wearing the same light blue robe as her.

They both shared a room because they refused to be separated after what they experienced. They needed to keep each other close to make sure nothing happened to the other.

Normally there would be someone there with them, accompanying them and comforting them after what they experienced. Their parents should be with them, but this was not the case.

It didn't need to be mentioned because Sam's father wasn't present. As for Tara, it was no secret that he had left after discovering that unpleasant truth. But what about both girls mother, Christina Carpenter?

|𝔽𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜|

"What right did you have to tell her that!?" A woman in her forties shouted angrily.

"That stupid secret ruined my life! It turned it into hell!" Exclaimed the other person involved in the discussion just as furious, if not more so. "So I guess I have every damn right to tell whoever I want!"