Chapter 2

Nathan was lying in a hospital bed wearing a hospital gown with Dewey sitting in a chair to his left.

In the room there were two beds with a night table in the middle of both. On the left side of the first bed was the chair where Dewey was sitting and behind it the door that led out of the room. To the right of the second bed were windows that allowed a view of the night sky. Finally, there was a second door in front of the first bed that led to a small bathroom.

He had a needle in his left arm connected to a tube that allowed a drip to enter his body. On the index finger of his right hand he had a small device connected to a machine that measured his heart rate.

A few hours had passed since he suffered the attack, which meant that it was still night.

Judy took it upon herself to notify Dewey that his son had been attacked, so Dewey got in his car and drove to the hospital.

When he arrived and went to reception to ask about his son, they told him that he was undergoing surgery and sent him to the waiting room.

He was there for a few hours, but they felt like an eternity.

He was terrified not knowing if his son would survive or not. They had been in a similar situation once before, but that didn't mean it was any easier.

He didn't even want to think about what would happen if Nathan died. Or how he would tell Gale.

Fortunately, the operation went well and the boy's life was no longer in danger, which was a great relief for Dewey.

Now they were both watching a movie on the TV in the room, a movie that Nathan chose this time.

When he woke up from the operation, Dewey asked him if he was okay and how he was feeling, to which he said he was fine.

After a few minutes of reassuring him that he was really okay, his father asked him what had happened. Judy only told him that his son was attacked, but nothing more, since they didn't know what happened either and they had to wait until Nathan woke up to find out.

The minor told his father that they tried to rob him, but failed. This is what he would tell to the officer that ask him about what happened.

He refused to reveal that the attackers were two people dressed as Ghostface.

He knew it was illegal to hide information like that from the police, but he knew what would happen if he revealed it.

His father would get involved in the case when he learned about the new appearance of the masked murderer. In addition to this, it was obvious that he would inform Gale about what had happened, and knowing her, she would come to town without a second thought.

This was the reason why he would not reveal that information. If he did, his parents lives would be in danger once more because of Ghostface.

Gale was in New York, away from all this, so there was no need to worry as long as she didn't come.

As for Dewey, he knew it was dangerous not to tell him about Ghostface since he did live in town, which meant he was already in danger.

Reaching that conclusion, he told his father that before those who tried to rob him left, he heard them say that they might come back to rob his house, since it was so far from town that it was an easy target.

This worked and Dewey assured him that he would stay alert in case something happened and that he should not worry, just concentrate on his recovery.

Not knowing about Ghostface's appearance, Dewey wouldn't get as involved in the case as he would if he knew that relevant information.