Chapter 9

Still in the hospital, Sam and Richie were sitting on some chairs outside the room of the youngest of the Carpenters.

After Tara and Sam talked about leaving Woodsboro, Tara asked her sister to leave the room because she wanted to talk to Nathan in private.

Given the events that occurred just a few hours ago, Sam no longer mistrusted Nathan.

According to what Tara told her, he protected her without hesitating.

He could have fled and ensured his own survival. No one forced him to do what he did.

She was enormously grateful for that. If it wasn't for him, maybe Tara would be dead right now.

Because of this, she agreed and left the room to sit next to her boyfriend, who was already there.

After a few minutes, they both saw Nathan coming down the hall using a crutch to help him walk.

Tara had texted him asking if he could come up to her room to talk about something important, to which he replied almost immediately.

Before he could get to the door that led to Tara's room, Sam got up and walked over to him with Richie right behind her.

"Nathan, I just...I want to thank you for what you did for Tara." She said in a tone that expressed her gratitude. "And... also apologize for-"

"No." He cut her off sharply. "I don't give a fuck about anything you have to tell me."

After saying this, he passed by her side without even glancing at her.

Sam already expected that reaction if she was being honest. After all, it was because of her that Dewey got involved with what was going on and was almost killed for it.

"Hey, no need to be rude." Richie said causing the younger to look at him over his shoulder.

His gaze was cold, but it masked all the anger he felt towards both of them.

Thanks to them was that his father was nearly killed. Thanks to them, his mother now ran the same risk.

Richie couldn't help but feel a little intimidated and unconsciously took a step back.

Not wanting to be around them any longer, Nathan finally entered Tara's room, closing the door behind him.

As before, the brunette was connected to various machines to monitor her condition, having an oxygen nasal cannula, a needle connected to a bag with a serum in her right arm and a small device on her finger connected to the frequency meter cardiac.

A smile spread across Tara's exhausted face as she saw him arrive, making him almost forget about his meeting with Sam and Richie.

"Is it strange that I think you look adorable even in this state?" He asked sitting in the chair next to the bed and leaving the crutch resting on the back of it.

"Considering that I look terrible, yes, a little." She responded with a slight grimace.

"You always look awful." He said expressionlessly, earning himself a light smack on his arm from Tara.

"You were supposed to say something like: 'you don't look terrible, you look gorgeous, as always'." She claimed with a frown despite not really being mad.

"I don't like to lie." He said causing Tara to look at him with a raised brow. "The fact that I do it and that I like it or not are two different things."

"Mhm." She muttered pretending not to believe him.

"Leaving aside the fact that my own girlfriend doesn't trust me, why did you ask me to come? You said it was important." He said stopping the jokes and going to the reason why he was there.