Chapter 5

Dewey was sitting on the couch in front of the TV while to his right were Sam and Richie sitting on another couch.

As they said, they went to his house to request his help to face Ghostface again.

At first Dewey did what his son told him and didn't open the door for them, but when Sam said she was Billy's daughter he couldn't help but do so.

Nathan said they would lie to talk to him, but for some reason he felt that that wasn't a lie, and he wasn't wrong.

Despite their attempts to convince him, Dewey refused to do so, having already suffered greatly from Ghostface.

"You said that it always goes back in the past, right?" Sam asked, to which Dewey nodded. "So if I'm in danger, so are you. Please. We have to do this, together."

Part of him wanted to help them, but he didn't want to have a near-death experience again, which was completely understandable.

"Your time is over." He said standing up, ready to kick them out of his home.

Seeing this, Sam had no choice but to use her beam up her sleeve to convince him.

"You do know that your son was attacked by Ghostface, right?" She asked causing Dewey to stare at her in confusion.

She knew she was basically forcing him to help them if she did. But if she thought about it from another point of view, she would be telling a parent that his child's life was in danger, something every parent deserved to know.

"What are you talking about? My son was attacked by two shitheads, not Ghostface." He said somewhat annoyed.

Was this girl trying to use what happened to his son to manipulate him by altering history in order to convince him? Now he understood why in his message Nathan referred to her as a whore.

"He lied to you. He lied to everyone. He said he was doing it to keep you out of this." She said standing up, which Richie did as well.

The older man looked into her eyes for a few seconds, trying to find out if she was telling the truth or not, and to his misfortune, she seemed to.

"Wait outside a minute. I'm going to call him to confirm that what you say is true." He said with his head full of doubts.

He didn't want to mistrust his son, he didn't like doing it, but something inside told him that what the young woman in front of him told him was true.

Once they were both out of the trailer, he grabbed his phone and called Nathan.

----------

In Tara's room, both teenagers slept in the bed with their arms around each other, both resting on the left side of their bodies.

Nathan held her gently from behind, being careful not to squeeze her so as not to put pressure on the wounds on her back or stomach.

He started to open his eyes when he heard his phone ring from under the pillow, indicating that someone was calling him.

He put his right hand under the pillow and reached for it to then bring it closer to his face and see that it was his father who was calling him.

He yawned deeply and cleared his throat before answering.

"Hi." He greeted with a hoarse voice since he just woke up.

"𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝚑𝚒. 𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚞𝚙?" He asked as he paced through the living room of his house.