Dancing Queen - Johnny POV

Warnings: None

Word Count: 382

Defending Y/N  actually felt pretty good. It gave me a sense of confidence that I hadn't really  had before. And that was the first time I had really swore and meant it. When I am with Y/N, its like she gives me the confidence boost that I need. Boy, she's perfect.

She dragged me out of Buck's through the back exit and she pulled me outside to the field behind. 

"Isn't it so much better out here?" she asked, collapsing onto the grass. I sat down next to her and we looked at the stars. 

"Yeah, no more creeps," I said, jokingly.

"Doesn't mean we have to stop enjoying our night," she replied, sitting up, slowly. She pulled me up too. "We can still hear the music out here."

"No, Y/N, I really can't dance-" I stuttered, but I gave into her movements. She was beautiful, and graceful. So light on her feet. I was kind of standing there as she spun into my arms. 

 Elvis Presley's 'I can't help falling in love with you' turned on and she gently wrapped her arms around my neck and we swayed a little to the music. I never noticed how pretty her eyes were. Slowly, I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and pulled her chin up. My hands were shaking. Badly. I've heard enough advice from Dally. So, I did the opposite. Instead of the fast, rough kisses, I pulled her in slowly. Cupping her head, I slowly breathed in and kissed her. Gently. She melted into it. Her lips were soft and sweet. 

I smiled and she grinned back, resting her head on my shoulder, still swaying to the music. 

"See, you are a good dancer," she whispered, holding me close.

"Not as good as you," I responded. She smiled. "Little dancing queen." 

"And you're my king," she replied. I picked her up and spun her around bridal style. I wasn't that strong. I accidentally dropped her. 

"Oh my God!" I gasped, falling onto my knees. "I'm awful sorry! Are you alright?" 

She grabbed me by the collar of my jacket and kissed me. I could get used to this. The music ended softly and I looked into her eyes and she looked back into mine. Suddenly, the back door swung open.