Father vs. Son - Johnny POV

Warnings: Violence, Swearing

Word Count: 587

"You fucking piece of shit!" my dad cursed, hurling a beer bottle at my head. I quickly ducked and it slammed into the wall. It was nothing that I hadn't experienced before, but it doesn't make it any less awful. I just wish that I could have a normal family. Like the Curtises, who manage to love each other even without their parents. I don't got nobody. Except Y/N. Dad grabbed my arm and slugged me good in the head. I flew back into the wall. I was used to it and I didn't want to fight him. So I took it. I took his belting, and his cursing, and his beating. Even with my face bloodied and bruised, I just watched as he kicked me across the floor.

"Hey! Get off of him!" 

I looked to the door and saw Y/N rushing in. 

"Y/N, leave," I said, ordering her out of the house. She didn't. She punched my dad good in the jaw. 

"Leave him alone, dick!" she shouted, nailing him right in the nose. He fell backwards before looking up evilly. 

"Little bitch," my dad said, his nose bleeding. Before she could even react, he grabbed her head and smashed it against the wall. 

"Don't touch her! Don't you fucking touch her!" I screamed, standing in between them. "I take your shit every goddamn day of my life, and that's fine. But you don't fucking touch her!" 

My dad grabbed me by my collar and slammed me against the wall. "Don't you fucking tell me what to do you little shit. I'm your father."

"No you're not!" I shouted, kicking him off of me. He rolled across the ground looking raging mad. "A father raises his son! Mentors him! Loves him! Something that you've never done! So no, you're not my father! I hate you!" 

He charged at me, but Y/N grabbed his arm and quickly tripped him. Roaring with anger, he pounced on Y/N, beating her to the floor. "Stop!" I cried. She was out cold. Thinking quickly, I grabbed one of his empty beer bottles and smashed it on his head. He fell to the floor, unconscious. 

I kneeled beside Y/N, tearing up. "Y/N?" I asked, quietly, shaking her. "Y/N?" She didn't reply. I pressed my ear to her chest and thank God she was breathing. "You're going to be okay, alright?" I whispered, cradling her head. I gently kissed her forehead and scooped her up in my arms. I had to get back to the house. I just had to. 

I carried Y/N all the way back to the Curtis house. My arms were screaming. I had a good build, but I was nowhere close to as strong as someone like Darry. When I got there, I couldn't open the gate, and I screamed, "Darry! Pony! Soda!". They came running out.

"Y/N!" Darry shouted, taking her from my arms. "Oh God, get her inside!" They all took Y/N inside as I anxiously cried.

"Is she going to be alright?" I asked, worriedly chewing my nail.

"She should be, but she's going to have an awful scar on her arm. Was there glass?" 

"Yeah, from bottles," I said. 

"Are you alright, Johnnycake? You should probably sit down too," Soda said, sitting me down. 

"I'm fine," I snapped. "I'll stay with her until she wakes up." 

I eventually convinced Soda, Darry, and Pony to get out so I could stay with Y/N alone. I sat by her side until I felt my eyes getting heavy.