Forever Promise - Y/N POV

Warnings: Fluffffffff

Word Count: 601

"Johnny?" I asked, gripping his shoulder. He glared at me and pulled away. "Come on." I grabbed his hand and he reluctantly followed me to the back of the church. We settled down, gazing at the stars, but I noticed that he pulled his hand away from me. My heart sunk a little bit. 

"Johnny," I began. "Are you mad at me?" 

"No," Johnny said, softly. "I ain't mad at you. I could never be mad at you." I laced my fingers through his. 

"Then tell me what's wrong, this ain't just about Pony." He looked deep into my eyes, trying to size me up. But eventually he blinked and looked away. 

"It's just-" Johnny said. "I'm probably not good enough for you." 

"What?" I asked, squeezing his hand tighter. "Johnny, you're perfect."

"I could never give you the life that someone like a Soc could give you. Not even the life that Darry or Pony or anyone in the gang could give you." Johnny sighed. "You deserve better than me." 

"Johnny, I-" 

"You and Dally are good together." Johnny refused to look into my eyes.

"What?" I asked, moving his chin to look up at me.

"I saw you and Dally. Last night," he said, slowly. 

"Johnny that was nothing-" 

"You two are good. He's better for you." 

"Johnny!" I shouted. He looked up at me with sorrowful eyes. "Johnny, do you seriously think I could love Dally, or Pony, or Darry, or anyone as much as I love you?" 

Johnny stared at me, his eyes dark and big. "You love me?" he asked. I had said it. I loved him. I loved him more than anything. 

"I love you," I said. 

"I think you're going to need to be a bit more obvious," he said, grinning happily. 

"Clever Cade," I whispered. I pulled him in, feeling his lips against mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in tighter and I gripped his face. We tipped over, Johnny falling on top of me, not breaking the kiss. I didn't breathe. I didn't need to. I wasn't willing to do anything to ever let go of him. This was forever. Finally, we broke away, gasping for breath. Johnny quickly got off of me and scooted next to me as we looked at the stars. 

"Believe me?" I asked, smirking.

"I love you, Y/N," he said, dreamily.

"I love you too," I replied. My hand drifted to the locket around my neck. The one I shared with my mom. I gently unclasped it. The first time I had taken it off since she left. The locket was two-pieces that joined together and formed a heart. "I want you to have this," I said, handing him the side that was my mother's.

"Your mother's necklace?" Johnny asked, in awe of the necklace. "I couldn't take this, Y/N, I know how important this is to you." 

"That's why I want you to have it," I said, stepping in back of him to clip the necklace around his neck. It was subtle, but a good touch. 

"Are you sure?" Johnny asked, fidgeting with the necklace. "You don't have to." 

"I want to," I said, holding up my side. The necklace formed a heart. "Think of it as a way of keeping each other close, no matter what. As long as you have it, we'll stay together. Forever." 

"Forever?" Johnny asked.

"Forever. As long as you're still you and I'm still me. As long as we both still want it," I said. 

"I'll always want this," Johnny said. He kissed me slowly under the moon and stars.