World-Class Rumble - Y/N POV

Warnings: Violence, Language

Word Count: 1156

It was late afternoon before Darry got back with Dally and Two-Bit looking pissed off. 

"Ya'll good now?" Darry asked us, slightly agressively.

"Yeah," I said. "What's the matter?"

"We got a rumble on tonight," Dally said, putting his feet on the table. "We caught some Socs trying to jump Two-Bit. He was doin' pretty well though with that switch, but I suggested we rumble instead. Took up that offer. No weapons, just skin." Dally looked awful pleased with himself. Two-Bit looked like he didn't give two shits, and Darry just looked pissed. He stormed off to his bedroom to get ready.

"Why's he all fussy?" I asked, sitting down next to Dally.

"He's Darry," Dally said, puffing on his cigarette. 

"Hey boys, let's get ready," Soda called. Pony and Johnny went along with Soda to freshen up before the rumble. Two-Bit started drinking a ton of beers to get high, Steve started mixing a chocolate cake, and Dally just looked like he was ready already. I mean, Dallas Winston was always looking for a fight. Now he'd got one. I stood up to follow Pony and Johnny.

"Woah there, sweet cheeks, what do you think you're doing?" Dally asked, slyly. "We ain't got no chick's in a rumble." 

"Excuse me?" I asked, fuming. 

"Whoo, she's pissed now," Steve called from the kitchen. 

I grabbed him by the collar of his leather jacket. "First of all, I ain't a chick, so don't call me that. Second, I'm not your sweet cheeks. Savvy?" I seethed. He just blew a smoke ring in my face and smirked. 

"Feisty, alright, I like it. Can you fight?" Dally asked.

"Can you?" 

We all got to the rumble. Johnny was fresh out of the shower, hair looking shinier than ever. He and Johnny did their best to look tough, but they still looked like puppies compared to Dally and Darry and Steve and Two-Bit and Soda. 

Someone whistled at me. A Soc boy. "Whoo, what's a fly like you doin' here, doll?" he asked. I ignored him. But then, someone caught my eye. 

"B/N?" I called. He looked at me, ran up, and gave me a hug. "What are you doin' here?"

"What are you doing here?" he asked, dropping me. 

"I'm fighting with my family," I said.

B/N looked at me with pride. "That's my tuff little sister. I'm just here to blow some steam. Dad and I got some heat in a few hours ago. I ain't aimin' to hurt you or the gang." 

"I know," I said. "I'll tell them the deal. Don't get yourself too hurt." 

"Same to you," he said. "If someone gets you too good, just holler."

"They won't," I smiled. 

We parted ways to huddle up before the fight began. "Alright, so no weapons, just skin," the Shepard gang confirmed. "Who're we sendin' up? Looks like they've got a new one." I looked over to see them pushing my brother forwards. 

"I'll take him," I said, quickly. They all looked at me with surprise. 

"What's a little thing like you gonna do against a tree like him?" Tim Shepard asked.

"That's her brother," Darry confirmed.

"Holy shit," Tim breathed. 

I pulled Darry and the gang away. "Alright, nobody hits my brother, nobody gets hurt. He ain't gonna hit any of you either, got it?" The gang nodded. 

Eventually, it was time. I wasn't nervous. I slowly approached my brother and we shook hands.

"Fancy seeing you here," I said, jokingly.

"Let's see how good you fight, Y/N," he said, playfully. 

I knew that we weren't aiming to hurt each other and this was mostly going to be friendly. We took the same martial arts classes for a while before B/N dropped out. I used to spar with him a lot. This was going to be just like that. We moved counterclockwise in a circle, just like we used to, sizing each other up. Who was going to strike first? Everybody was silent, waiting for the first hit... Suddenly, we stopped walking. And I swung. I clocked him good in the chest, so fast that he couldn't block. The rumble was on. I saw the Socs and the Greasers clash against each other ferociously, and B/N and I stayed and sparred. The first one to tap out would win. I quickly swept his leg, causing him to tumble backwards, but he managed to pull me down too. We rolled around a little, throwing hits, until I was able to lock him in a hold. He quickly tapped out.

"You fight good, kid," he said, breathing heavily. I smiled and pulled him off the floor. "Now go help your friends." 

A Brumly boy came onto B/N quickly and tackled him, but B/N suppressed him easily. He gave me a wink before I ran off to find someone. The first person I saw was Pony, who was up against a smaller Soc boy around his age. They were mostly in a cat fight. No real damage. Moving on, I ran into Two-Bit who was fighting drunk. He was holding three Socs off good. He probably didn't need any help. Then, there was Steve, who was doing his best to beat down five Socs. That was probably a little too many. He was on the ground, pinned, getting nailed. I quickly rushed into action, hook kicking the first guy off of him, nailing the second one in the face, kicking the third one in the chest, the fourth one I clocked in the jaw, and the fifth one I punched so hard that he fell down cold. Steve popped up, shocked.

"Nice one, kid," he said. I pulled him off, and we stood back to back, circled by the four Socs. With the two of us, they were down in less than a minute. Steve and I split up and I went searching for Johnny. Eventually, I found him with Pony, ganging up on a larger Soc. 

"Hey, Johnathan," I said. He looked at me, confused for a second. I don't think he ever got called Jonathan. He lost focus for a minute and got knocked down by the Soc. "I think that's enough bullying for you," I said to the Soc. He was slow and large, so I quickly delivered a jab to the neck. Down cold. 

"How did you do that?" Johnny asked, breathing heavily.

"The right amount of pressure," I replied, grinning. 

Dally and a muscular looking Soc rolled past us, and I went to help him out. The Soc wheeled around and clocked me right in the side of my head, and I fell down for a minute before picking myself up.

"I hate you!" The Soc said, as Dally and him fought. 

"It ain't my fault that you're girlfriend thought I was better. It was just a fact, man," Dally said, snickering. 

It took me a while to register what happened after that. There was a reflection of the moon on something silver, and then Dally screamed.