Sunkissed - Y/N POV

Warnings: Fluff

Word Count: 813

I sat impatiently underneath the streetlight, anxiously tapping my foot. Was he coming? I finally saw his face through the crowd, eyes darting side to side and fingers slid into his pockets. 

"Hey," he said, gently kissing my forehead. 

I laced my fingers in his hand, and pulled him down the streets of Tulsa. All the way to the West side. I could tell that he was getting nervous with all the Socs passing by us and shooting him weird looks. I knew I could blend right into them. Evaporate and escape all of their wandering eyes, but I gripped Johnny's hand tighter. I wasn't going to leave him. I was a greaser, and I was not ashamed to be one or have one as a boyfriend. 

"Ignore them," I whispered. Johnny avoided their glances and stared straight down at the floor, letting me lead the way. Eventually, we came to the place. The steakhouse.

"Welcome in," a woman chimed. "Are you waiting for someone?" she handed me a menu. 

"No, it's just us," I said.

"Us?" she asked, confused.

"Yeah, me and my boyfriend."

"Oh," she said, shooting Johnny a dirty look. "Follow me." I could feel the eyes on us as we went down the aisles to a table for two by the window. There were a lot of whispers from the richer looking adults and from the Soc teenage couples that were there. What's a greaser doing here? Is he with her?  I did my best to ignore their comments, but Johnny was getting a little pale.

"Hey, do you want to leave?" I asked him as we sat down. "It's perfectly fine-"

"I'm alright," he said, softly. "I just, I hate gettin' these kind of looks. Like I'm some sort of bug or something. I don't belong here, Y/N, you deserve someone better than me. Someone that could give you ten times what I can offer."

I immediately got up from my chair and fell to my knees on the floor, holding his hand tightly. "Johnny. I don't care where you come from or how much money you have or about the life that you think I want. I want my life with you, even if I'm stuck living in the slums of the East for the rest of my life." 

"You're too good for this world," he breathed. 

"Come on, let's get out of here," I said, adjusting his jean jacket. 

"I know a place," he whispered.

I was half-expecting that we were heading back to the lot, but we made a turn down a trail I didn't know about. He lead me down an unmarked path, bushes brushing against my legs. I didn't ask where we were going. I wanted him to know that I trusted him completely, and eventually, he covered my eyes.

"No peeking," he smiled, and he helped me down a long trail as I closed my eyes. I almost lost my balance when I stepped on a rock and it started sliding down, but he held me tightly. "Don't worry, I won't let you fall." 

"I know," I said. 

Finally, he removed his hand from my eyes, and it took a minute for my eyes to adjust. In front of me was a large lake, with water that was a deep blue. Evergreens bordered the lake, and there was a soft layer of gravel and pebbles around the water. Untouched by mankind. I gasped in awe, and Johnny smiled, proud of himself. He sat down on the gravel, taking off his shoes and dipping his feet into the water. 

"I used to come here a lot, when my old man was yelling. I never showed anyone here, except you." 

"It's beautiful," I gasped, sitting next to him and dipping my feet into the water as well. 

"Yeah," he smiled, and then took of his shirt. I instinctively looked away, but he dove into the water quickly. I squealed as the water splashed on me, and he laughed . Then, he pulled me in. 

"Johnny!" I exclaimed, falling in. It was so hard to be mad at him though, as he tread water. He wiped his bangs out of his face, and I wiped my hair out of my face. I giggled a little, and we both turned to the sun. It was setting, and the rays of light reflected in the water and it gave the water and trees a golden hue. 

"Nothing gold can stay," I whispered. 

"I can think of something that'll stay," he said. 

We both knew that we wanted it, and I slowly wrapped my arms around him, kissing him passionately. I never wanted the moment to end. Water slowly ran down our backs and down our faces, and I soon found myself drifting downwards into the water. But I didn't need to breathe. I clutched his head, as we slowly sank to the bottom.