Broken - Part 1

LAST TIME:

"T-thank you," He whispers before his eyes roll into the back of his head as he falls to the ground barely breathing.

==================

JAMES POV:

Darkness was all I could see, I don't know how long it has been but everything hurts, the EVE left in my system is barely keeping me conscious... 'I should never have done that,' I thought to myself as I could hear muffled voices, some I could recognise and others I could not ... I have no idea what time it was, how long I'd been out and if anyone was there but all I know is that my body couldn't move, I could barely breathe and Delta had never left my side ... even after I attacked him ... 'Maybe I should never have come to the surface,' I thought to myself once more as I started hearing a light ringing in my ear, then a tight pinch in my arm as I began feeling my energy return to me, giving me the strength I needed to at least open my eyes but as I did I was greeted by a bright white light and a Diving helmet I knew all too well.

"D-delta?" I whispered as my energy got a little stronger, earning a concerned groan from him as he leans over and lifts me into a strong hug causing me to chuckle slightly and grunt a little in pain, "I-I'm sorry Delta," I whispered a little louder this time as I began to tear up a bit, "I-I lost control again, I-I failed," I continued as Delta placed a hand on my head softly patting it saying that it was alright, "N-no it's not alright, I could have killed them ... I could have killed you," I pause as the tears started flowing a little more, "I-I should never have come to the surface," I continued slightly pushing Delta away so I could stand only to be caught before I could hit the floor, "T-thanks D-delta," I thanked as he lifted me back onto my feet, "C-come on Delta lets go back home, I-I don't want to cause any more trouble than I already have," I whispered turning towards the window and looking outside, 'Looks like we are on the first floor' I thought as I limped towards it.

Though as I got closer I froze in my spot, my eyes widening as Delta's helmet glowed bright orange in caution, "W-What ..." I whispered looking closer at my reflection, specifically towards my hand as I stared at it with fear, the mark of change ... the mark ... of a Big Brother.

Slowly raising the mark into my line of sight, the memory of my mother's death filled my head, flashing between what would have been a wonderful day out to the destruction and death those

Slowly raising the mark into my line of sight, the memory of my mother's death filled my head, flashing between what would have been a wonderful day out to the destruction and death those ... things brought ... causing my heart to beat in my head as my world went blank ... like a dark void filled with nothing but ... fire, Lightning and ... screaming ... the same screams that brought me nothing but nightmares. Her last words repeating themselves in my head over and over, the thought of it being my fault getting stronger as I could feel my body being held and moved around as Delta was running with me in his arms, imagining it was my mother after a long day at school, welcoming me with homemade cookies, or chasing me around the house trying to force me to change out of a suit I had stolen from my father or even carrying me to my room to play or sleep next to me.