When Stars Collide

After the rough weekend we had at the last competition, I was kind of scared to go back to the studio. But since my sisters were going, I thought that I would be okay.

"Girls, let's go! Come on ladies! Come on, girls, let's go! Get in here!" Miss Abby yelled, calling us into pyramid. We rushed into Studio A, sitting down in front of Miss Abby and her chalkboard.

"First, I want to talk about this past weekend. I am very disappointed. Every single one of you could have done better in your solo. Moving on, I want to forget about last weekend. What's gonna happen this weekend?" Miss Abby asked. Miss Abby turned the chalkboard around, revealing the pyramid.

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙖

𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙞-𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚

"It's the ALDC Showcase," Paige answered with a smile.

"Thank you. Yes. We're doing the new number, 'Sugar Daddies,' at the showcase. Maddie, you won the overall high score at the competition. Boom. Max, although you weren't judged, I thought you did an excellent job. Nia, forgot the solo, kept dancing, made it up, went on, finished with the music. Chloe, did a great job. There were some other situations. You're here. I want to see that attitude improve on stage. Yes? You never know who's watching you. Alright, I have a few surprises during the showcase. I don't want to pressure you, but in the audience, at the showcase, is going to be an agent coming to seek new talent and looking for new clients to sign," Miss Abby explained. We squealed in excitement, clapping. "Moms, you are going to be performing in the show, as well." We all went crazy.

"Oh, Cathy, you're going to be the choreographer," Miss Abby told her, and she gasped. "Nationals are getting closer and closer. With every competition, you get better and you get stronger. So, this showcase is gonna be a nice chance to entertain rather than compete. But it all is leading up to nationals, because we want to do what?"

"Win!" we all shouted.

"You got it! Alright! Go ahead, you're dismissed. Guys, up. 'Sugar Daddies.' Alright, let's go. Okay, okay, you're like mosquitoes. Get away, get away, get away," Miss Abby said, shooing us away.

Kenzie and I went into the den, since we weren't in the group dance.

"What do you think of the moms dancing?" Kenzie asked me, sitting in a split.

"That will be funny. They can't dance very good," I replied, and Kenzie giggled.

"Yeah. They might slip and fall," Kenzie suggested.

"Off of the stage," I added, and we burst into laughter.

-

I couldn't wait to finally go home and sleep in my Aurora bed.

"How was rehearsal?" Mommy asked, pulling out of the studio.

"It was good. But I'm excited for you and the other moms to dance," Maddie stated, and Mommy scoffed.

"Oh please, it won't be that funny. We'll look just like you guys on stage. Pretty and elegant," Mommy joked, and the three of us started laughing.

"No you won't. You will look funny," I smirked, and Mommy gasped. Maddie and Kenzie laughed.

"I agree with Max for once," Maddie stated, and I smiled.

•Four days to showcase•