There's Only One Star

We arrived in LA yet again, and I was super pumped. I still don't know why we're here, but I don't mind waiting. I'll wait forever as long as we're in LA.

We pulled up at the studio we were using this week, being met with the voice of our lovely dance teacher.

"Ready, girls? Let's go. Come on in," Miss Abby spoke, summoning us into the studio. "Well, you thought you were going home after Lake Tahoe. And here we are back in LA. I have a big surprise. It's very exciting. Before I get into that, you notice there's no pyramid, yes?"

The moms clapped in approval. They really don't like the pyramid.

𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙖 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

"Okay. Everybody's in a straight line. 'Cause here in LA, it's not really about the talent, it's about the look. I'm ready to talk a little bit about the surprise. This is LA. The best people in the world come here. They're all vying for the same job. Everybody wants to be a star. You are going to get the opportunity to audition for a major music video."

We all screamed in shock and excitement. A music video! Can you imagine how awesome it would be to be in a music video? This is amazing!

We all went in for a group hug. This was a huge deal, and we all couldn't be happier.

"I don't know who's going to get it. I don't know if all of you are going to get it, or just some of you. It's not up to me. I don't make the decisions. So it's every man for himself. Tomorrow, instead of a rehearsal, we will be having a class. I'm going to teach you a hip-hop combination, since that audition is going to be in hip-hop," Miss Abby explained. "This is Hollywood. They can chew you up and spit you out, or they can make all your dreams come true. It just depends. You have to be in the right place at the right time. And you have to be prepared for the worst."

When we got back to the hotel, Kenzie and I were jumping with joy. Maddie was pretty calm and relaxed.

"We're gonna be in a music video! We're gonna be in a music video!" we exclaimed, running around the hotel room.

"Settle down, girls. You heard what Miss Abby said. Not everyone may be in it. And you have to audition first," Mommy spoke. "Don't be upset if you don't get it."

"We won't!" I shouted, jumping on the bed with Kenzie.

"No jumping on the bed, you could fall and get hurt," Mommy insisted, picking us up and putting us on the ground.

"Why aren't you more excited? This is so amazing!" Kenzie exclaimed at Maddie.

"I know I'm gonna get it, I have nothing to be nervous of," Maddie spoke, "and I am excited, but I'm saving my joy for the actual occasion."

"Mhm," Kenzie and I sassed, not buying her act.

"Okay, enough fighting, time for bed. We gotta get up extra early tomorrow for class," Mommy instructed, and we complained.

"I don't wanna go to bed!" Kenzie protested.

"Yeah, I'm not tired!" I added.

"You're gonna be tired tomorrow if you don't go to bed early," Mommy argued, taking out my pajamas. "Go change."

"Fine," I stated, taking the pajamas and going to change.