Jill on the Rampage

"Ladies, let's go, come on!" Miss Abby yelled.

My favorite voice. Not.

We made our way into the studio for pyramid, ready for another day of intense training.

"What's with your shoes?" Miss Abby asked Jill, who was wearing long, grey boots.

"I didn't think you'd mind. I'm on my toes," Jill insisted.

"The floor is $68,000," Miss Abby told her. "Alright. First, I want to talk about last week. I must say I'm a little disappointed. We were just out danced. It's that energy level. You can't have a bunch of slugs out onstage. This weekend we will be attending Dance Explosion, in Secaucus, New Jersey. You're gonna get some heavy hitters there, I'm telling you right now. I'm gonna start with the pyramid."

She then turned her attention to the pyramid, and we did the same.

"And first...I have Max. Max, you placed second in your solo. Everyone knows how much I hate second. Your performance was fine, but you could've done better. Kendall. Kendall, I thought you did a nice job. You're here because your mother is way too needy," Miss Abby insisted.

"Abby, that's ridiculous," Jill stated.

"'Why isn't she doing a solo?' 'Why isn't she doing a duet?' 'Why doesn't she have a special part?'" Miss Abby mocked.

"And that's needy?" Jill asked. "That's inquisitive. Why doesn't she have a solo? You're punishing her for something I did."

"Bingo! There you go!" Miss Abby exclaimed. "Moving on. Nia, once again, I need to see energy. I need to see excitement. Next, we have Brooke. You're back, but...is Brooke really back? Moving on. Paige, great job in the tuck. I just need to see you do that throughout all of your dancing. Moving on up the ladder. Maddie. You danced well, I expect more from you. Chloe, same thing. Great performance onstage. You just need to learn to pick up quicker. And at the top of the pyramid...Mackenzie. She won in Nutley, New Jersey. She won in Long Island, New York. Do you have another win in you for Secaucus, New Jersey? I don't know. We are not going to do a group routine this week. Each and every dancer will be doing a solo. It's every man for himself. This is your chance to shine. And for one time only, you all will get to help out with the costumes. This is your chance to go for the Tony, Christi. You're gonna come to me, show me what you have, and I can veto it, or I can accept it. I don't want to see anything from any other studios. I want to see you come up with something original. Moms, I'm gonna dismiss you at this time. Girls, spread apart, start warming up."

𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚

𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚  𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚  𝙉𝙞𝙖  𝙆𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙡  𝙈𝙖𝙭

Nia, Maddie and I were watching Kenzie's solo rehearsal. I was doing a split with Nia.

"How is your math going?" I asked her, remembering the time I attempted her math homework.

"Bad. This year it's harder," she told me. "I like it even less now."

"Why is math a thing?" I questioned, and she shrugged.

"My mom told me that when you're older, you'll have to use math everyday," she explained, and I made a face. She laughed.

"No way. I don't want to do math outside of school," I complained.

Miss Abby then kicked us out for Maddie's solo rehearsal, so we went into the den.