Cathy Brings It On!

The next day, Mommy handed us over to Miss Abby. We placed all of our stuff in her room, and we said our goodbyes before she left.

-

We all got in the white van and rode to the studio we were dancing in this week.

Miss Abby blew a whistle, summoning is inside.

"Let's go! Come on! No time to waste. Ladies, here we are in Las Angeles, California for the iHollywood National Finals. And you are in the city of dreams. There are gonna be children that you recognize. The kids that are in movies, the kids that are on television, these kids here in Los Angeles audition on a weekly basis. They are 'pros.' Maddie, your moms not here again. We all make choices. She chose to be away instead of being here with you. So the three of you are gonna be with me this week, and you may get to do things that everybody else doesn't get to do. I'm gonna move on to our lovely pyramid and the bottom row. And I have..." Miss Abby trailed off, turning her attention to the pyramid. She ripped off the two pictures on the bottom row. "Paige and Brooke. You will not be doing solos. You will be in the group number. Now, I've had it out with your mom. She has told me that she can find better choreographers, I'm sure she can. This is Los Angeles; this isn't Pittsburgh. But please understand, if you go as an independent, you're out, you're finished."

"Next I have Nia, Mackenzie, duet," Miss Abby began, removing their pictures. There was still one more on the bottom, which is most likely me. "So, Chloe, you're going to be doing a solo as well as the group routine. And, no surprise, Maddie, you're gonna be doing the solo this week. Now, remember, you are undefeated. People are out to get you. You're the one to beat."

Umm...excuse me?

"Max. You will also be performing a solo. I think you should be dancing more, and a solo is the best way to get you moving," Miss Abby explained. Yay, I have a solo!

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙖

𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚

"Does everybody understand how big of an opportunity this is? Those judges at iHollywood are going to be people that are in a capacity to hire you. They are the people that choreograph for televising and for film. So it's very important that you step on stage like pros. Do you understand?" Miss Abby asked us.

"Yes," we all replied, nodding.

"Alright, let's go." Pyramid finished, and the girls began warming up as the moms left. Kenzie and I went with them, since we weren't in the group dance.

I wish Mommy was here to see my solo.

-

We got to sit in on rehearsal and watch them dance. Kenzie and I stretched on the floor while the moms sat on a couch.

"We're good. Let's see it from the top," Miss Abby instructed.

"Pick a judge and stare at them on that," Gia spoke.

"Stare at them," Miss Abby added.

-

While Kenzie and Nia were practicing their duet, I was going over some tricks that might be in my solo. I want to be prepared. The moms were chatting in the corner, watching us practice.

-

"Right, left. Left, down. Alright, come on girls. Gather round," Miss Abby spoke, and we all gathered together. "Girls, I have a big surprise for you. I have a visitor coming to see us, and she knows everything about working that stage. Let's all welcome, Laquifa!"