Miami Heat Wave

"Let's go, girls! Come on! Come on. Get in here! Come on, come on, come on."

Here we go again.

"Last week's competition, 'Fire & Ice Elite,' was a big disappointment, ladies. I mean, here we are invited back as winners, and you guys don't even place? Not acceptable. Six of you weren't in unison. The group needs to be cleaner. Do you understand?" Miss Abby asked. "Alright, now let me get right to the pyramid. First I have Max. You were a beat behind everyone. When you're dancing with a group, you have to stay together. Mackenzie. I think your acting could have been bigger and longer. And I think when you walk, we need to work on turning those feet out. Next I have Paige. I was in the dressing room all day long with you. I didn't see you utilizing your spare time. And you need to do that. Next, Nia. I just need to see more from you. Moving up, Chloe. Chloe, I thought you did a nice job on your solo, but your age is ten. You're competing ten to twelve. You have to dance like a twelve year old. And next we have Brooke. Once again, you danced thirteen to fifteen. At thirteen, you won the whole division. And on the top of the pyramid is Maddie. Maddie, I challenged you to see if you could stay there for two weeks in a row, and you did. Now I'm challenging you again. Can you make it three?"

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚  𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚

𝙉𝙞𝙖  𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙭

She nodded and smiled.

"Alright, now, this weekend, we will be traveling to Miami Beach, Florida," Miss Abby announced, and we all started cheering. "There's sun, there's sand and there's pool boys. We will all be performing a group number."

"Even us?" Kenzie asked, pointing to me and herself.

"Even you guys," Miss Abby replied.

"Yay," we said in sync.

"The group number is called 'Reputation.' (🐍) I want you to think about Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon in Beach Blanket Bingo. Now, moms, when those girls get home tonight, I want you to look at some of those old movies. I want the girls to see what that's all about because that's gonna be their group number. It's '60s, it's pony, it's swim, cute, cute, cute. Fun in the sun," Miss Abby told us. "This week, Maddie, you have another solo. Chloe, you also will be doing a solo. My next soloist will be Nia. We also have a trio with Maddie, Chloe and Paige."

Paige raised her hand once the trio pulled away from their hug.

"Yes?" Miss Abby questioned.

"I'm just letting you know that I have to get my warts cut out of my feet tomorrow," Paige informed her.

"They said she should be fine to dance in three days, so we'll be cutting it close," Kelly added.

"But I don't want to put her in a trio, and then have her physically be in pain while she's learning it," Miss Abby insisted.

"We can't change the appointment. I've changed it, like, fifteen times. She's having a hard time walking on it," Kelly said.

"You know what, I'm gonna have to think about that. I might put someone else in the trio," Miss Abby stated. "You need to get that fixed; that takes priority. So, we need to start working on this group number right away. It's gonna be a long week. Suck the yawns up. Quit yawning in my face. Spread apart, get ready to work; moms..."

She pointed to the dancers jail, letting them know that they're dismissed.

"If you don't point that foot, I'm gonna come out there and break it. Point your foot," Miss Abby instructed. "One, two, three, four. Why are you interrupting my rehearsal?"