Love on the Dance Floor

I had somehow recovered from the events at the pool, feeling ready and excited to dance. I just hope there's no water...

We were in Orlando, Florida this week. Not Pittsburgh! I had on an orange sun dress, since it's very hot here. My hair was in pigtails. We all rode in a white van to get to the studio we're dancing in.

We all got out of the van, super excited to be in Florida.

"Girls, let's go! Come on!" Miss Abby yelled as we entered the studio. "Alright. Where's Cathy? Where's Vivi-Anne?"

"Don't know," Mommy shrugged.

"Right now, I am at the end of my rope with Cathy," Miss Abby stated, turning towards the pyramid she has on the mirror. "Mackenzie, now you, Max and Vivi-Anne are supposed to have a trio, but no Vivi. So you guys will do 'Summer' by yourselves as a duet." Miss Abby revealed Vivi and I's pictures on the pyramid. She was above me.

"Chloe, you're going to take a week off. I'm not going to do a new solo for you. I think you need to work on your technique. I was happy with fourth place. Your mother was not. And I don't think you were, either. Nia? I was happy with you. Your mother was not happy with the choreography, so we're gonna work on that. Mom, I don't want any more alterations like Connecticut," Miss Abby said to Holly.

"It was a conversation," she insisted.

"I don't want any more conversations like Connecticut."

Paige and Brooke were next, and it was no shock who was on top.

?

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚  𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚

𝙉𝙞𝙖  𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚  𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙞-𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙭  𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚

"Maddie, you won, it was great, costume was gorgeous. Everything clicked. I just don't want to see tears. You're at the top of the age scale. You did a beautiful job, you did the title. This is your year," Miss Abby praised. "Let's talk about the group number for this week's competition. The number is called 'Snapshot.' You're all models. So, who's modelled before?"

We all put our hands up. We are all very experienced young ladies, if I do say so myself.

"You've all modelled. Perfect. So now, you know what the runway is. What else is at a fashion show? A photographer. I've had a lot to think about over the last 24 hours. And I think we need to bring a boy in to be the photographer. What do you think?" Miss Abby asked.

"Brooke?" Christi teased, and Kelly laughed. Brooke looked disgusted.

"I have a surprise for all of you. A big surprise. Here's our photographer," Miss Abbg said, ripping off the red paper above Maddie on the pyramid.

"It's Brandon!" Kelly and Mommy yelled at the same time.

"He looks so weird!" Paige stated.

"Is he here?" Mommy excitedly asked.

"Brandon? Diane?" Miss Abby called, and they walked in. We all cheered in excitement.

We all went to talk to him as he put his stuff down.

"Hey Max," Brandon said, bending down to my level. "How you doing?"

"Good. Lots of dancing," I replied, and he gave me a high-five. He went to talk to Kenzie, bending down a little less for her.