Everyone's Replaceable

Summer is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the hot weather, the sun, playing outside, beach trips, vacations, everything!

I hung out with Sadie and my dance friends the most. We had many play dates at our house, and even more beach trips.

Me and Sadie made a handshake, and we made friendship bracelets. Mommy helped a lot.

Of course we still danced throughout the break, we had classes every now and then.

Unfortunately, summer has come to an end, and we're back to the dance season schedule. We're ready for another great year!

"Do we have to go back?" Kenzie complained as she ate her Cheerios.

"Yes, we have to go back. Don't you miss competition season?" Mommy asked, putting some of the clean dishes away.

"I do!" Maddie yelled from the living room.

"It'll be fun, even better than last season," Mommy insisted.

"I hope I dance more. Not dancing is boring," I stated.

"Alright, we're gonna be late, in the car girls!"

The three of us tossed our bags in the trunk and hopped in the backseat. Maddie immediately started playing Justin Bieber.

"Can you at least play a different song? Why does it always have to be 'Baby?'" I asked, and she shrugged.

"Because I like it? Is that a crime?" Maddie asked, getting in my face.

"Don't disrespect Baby. It's a very good song," Kenzie added.

-

We arrived at the studio, and I was so happy to see all of the girls.

I ran over to Chloe, engulfing her in a giant bear hug. She laughed, hugging back.

"I missed you too, Max," she stated. I let go and went to Paige.

"Max!" Paige exclaimed, giving me a hug.

I reunited with Nia, then Brooke. She didn't want to be there anymore than last season.

I did see them over break. We hung out as a group a few times. Paige was over the most for Maddie. Other than that, we didn't talk much. So it was nice seeing them again.

I said hi to the moms, but I didn't really miss them.

We were all in the den chatting about what we did over the summer when Miss Abby started calling us into pyramid.

"Come on, girls! Let's go! Moms, girls, get in here!" she shouted, and we entered the studio. "Let's go! Hello, ladies."

Here we go again.

"How's it going?" Miss Abby asked once we were all present.

"Good," we replied.

"Where's Holly?" she questioned, noticing the missing mother. "Nia, where's your mother?"

"She's at work," the girl answered.

"Not gonna happen. Yes, she needs to leave work, leave the job, forget it, and be here with you. That's what's important, yes? You want this. I know you want it. I know you love it. She has to love it for you," Miss Abby spoke. "Now, first of all, you're national champions. It was a great competition at Starbound in Lake Tahoe. That's something to be very proud of. Then we got to LA, we did a video. People know who you are now from watching that video. But you're a target. When you walk in, it's gonna be all about beating the Abby Lee Dance Company. We all know that Cathy's not here because Cathy wasn't a team player. Where did that get Vivi-Anne? Nowhere. I'm gonna have an open audition; a casting call for a new dancer for the Abby Lee Dance Company. Tell everybody you know that we're looking for a new girl for this group. Maybe two new girls. Everyone's replaceable. Are you next?"