The Runaway Mom

Another day, another pyramid.

"Let's go girls. Get in here. Shake the lead out," Miss Abby said as we entered the studio. "Okay, now, Hollywood Vibe. Last week. You did an okay job. I thought it could have been better. Moving on, this week, we are going to Fire & Ice. Right here in Pittsburgh. And I have a reputation to uphold. It's much more difficult to walk in and compete against people you know than a bunch of strangers. Okay, let's get to the pyramid."

We all redirected our attention to the pyramid, no one's favorite part of the day.

"I hate to do this, but...Kendall, you are back on probation," Miss Abby stated, and my jaw literally dropped.

"That's ridiculous, Abby. What more do you want from her?" Jill angrily asked as Kendall started crying.

"Your head is distended. Your shoulders are hunched. Your rib cage is open," Miss Abby listed.

"Are you kidding me? You're kidding me, right?" Jill questioned.

"No. She doesn't make the corrections. I have been telling her since the audition about her posture, and it has not improved once," Miss Abby stated.

"I can't even believe it. You know what? You should be on probation, not my daughter," Jill told her. "I don't even know why I'm here. You had nothing nice to say to her since the second we got here. You know what, Abby? She does a lot right."

"She turns like a top. But that's what's good. I don't need to fix that," Miss Abby spoke.

"There's a lot of studios out there who would love what she does right. And you know what, Abby? We are going to one of those studios," Jill said, going over to grab Kendall's hand. "I'm not putting up with this crap anymore. We're done. That's it."

And with that, they were gone.

"Next, Paige. You were on the top. Now, you're obviously not. You couldn't remember the trio. Unacceptable. Next, Brooke. Brooke, this whiny, mopey teenager crap has to stop. You are the role model. Do me a favor. Just smile. Max. You didn't dance last week. But, the face is improving, as well as the legs. Keep it up. Mackenzie. The tricks are stronger. They're better. But you need a few ballet classes. Next we have Chloe. Once again, nice clean performance. Maddie. You redeemed yourself. No stupid mistakes. And deservedly so, for the first time, Nia is on the top of the pyramid."

𝙉𝙞𝙖

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚

𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚 𝙆𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙡

We all screamed and gave her a big hug.

"You are on top of this pyramid because of your hard work and your determination all week long. To me, that's sometimes more important than any trophy. And you shined. Your mother isn't always here, but she does make sure that you're here. And you can see the improvement," Miss Abby stated. "This week, you're gonna be doing a solo. Holly, she's gonna perform, act, and look like a princess. Like I tell everybody else, it's tough getting here. It's even more difficult to stay here. Moving onto the group number, we are going to do a dance. It's called 'Head Over Heels.' It's about falling in love and getting married."

Kenzie raised her hand.

"Yes?" Miss Abby asked.

"Aren't I too young to get married?" she asked, and we all laughed.

"You are. I am not," I stated, smiling. They laughed again.

"You're gonna be dressed as brides, so, I want your dads to be at the competition, as if they were giving their daughters away. Alright, you're dismissed, thank you very much. Girls, an outside triple ballet pirouette. That's what I want to see. It's in the number," Miss Abby instructed, and we got to work.