At War With Myself

3:30AM

*BEEP-BEEP-BEEP*

I groaned smacking the top of my alarm clock as it screamed so beautifully in my ear and did my morning stretch... Sense the sarcasm? As I stretched my whole body shook, making me look like a scene from The Exorcist. I sat up slowly and threw my legs over the side of my bed and ran my hands down my face. I looked at my alarm clock, wishing it would explode, for waking me from my peaceful slumber.

I finally stood up from my bed and tried to make my way to the bathroom... In complete darkness, I ended up stubbing my small toe on my guitar stand, "Son of a —... Fuck that hurt! Who the fuck put that there?!" I whisper-yelled as to not wake my mom, who was down the hall. I took some deep breaths and managed to gather my work clothes, so I could wash the beer and bar smell off my body from last night. I turned on the water so it could warm up while I took off my pajamas. When the water reached my liking, I climbed in and washed my hair and my body. My shower took me about an hour, unlike all these other "men" I actually like skincare, which is why it takes so long.

I climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist, using a separate towel for my hair. If you use the same towel for your body and your hair... that's just wrong.. I finished drying off my body and did my morning routine before getting dressed for work... I hate being a ranch hand/ flankman... the early mornings and long days, being chased by aggressive ass roosters, shoveling horse shit, you know the usual. I do however love riding horses, herding sheep and cattle and seeing the change in scenery when you finally get away from the city.

Another reason I hate my job though is... my boss, Frank, he's an ass. He's a self-righteous douchebag, who is full of himself because he owns a bull which is used in PBR (professional bull riding) competitions. He thinks just because he owns the bull, it makes him a champion... but that's not how it works... and to be honest, that bull would be in the worst condition without me and the other ranch hands caring for him. The bull's name is Nitrous... he's a massive Brahma bull weighing 1,700lbs, and he's only 6 years old, he lives to buck and bully every ranch hand that cares for him... I'm no exception to that. But anyway enough bitching about my job. Let's get this show on the road.

I put my boots on and grab my cowboy hat, my phone and my wallet, heading downstairs as it's now 4:30 AM

I put my boots on and grab my cowboy hat, my phone and my wallet, heading downstairs as it's now 4:30 AM. I grabbed 2 Red Bulls, 2 huge bottles of water, and one of my meals that i made for the week, Chicken, spanish rice and snap peas, out of the fridge and put it in my cooler. I knew Frank was gonna work me to death.. I swear he's just trying to get me to quit. I grabbed the keys to my 2018 Ford Raptor and headed out to leave. I got in the driver's seat and connected my phone to the bluetooth. I opened Spotify to my playlist and hit "shuffle"... The first song that came on was Dibs by Kelsea Ballerini... the death grip her vocals have on my ears and heart... I couldn't help but sing along.