E

2 days later...

I was laying on my couch with Sobek, just enjoying the peace and quiet, when all of a sudden my front door flew open and Chance came barrelling in like a bat out of hell, "DUDE! Check your Instagram!" he shouted. "What the hell are you doing! You better hope you didn't break my damn door..." I stated as I pulled out my phone to open Instagram, to see what this idiot is freaking out about... My notifications were in the thousands and one name stood out amongst the rest... I realized I forgot to tell Chance about the whole Miley situation and that's why he's losing his ever loving mind...

I must've zoned out because Chance started snapping his fingers in my face

I must've zoned out because Chance started snapping his fingers in my face..."Uhh dude why aren't you freaking the fuck out?! THE Miley Cyrus liked and commented on your post! SAY SOMETHING!" He yelled. I just laughed at him and shook my head. "I forgot to tell you about the shit that happened after Karaoke that night" I stated and filled him in on what happened that night, by the time I was done he looked dumbfounded, shocked maybe? I don't know, he just had this weird look on his face.. "Uhh.. Chance you good bro..?" I asked him and he just looked up at me,with his jaw hung open... is this motherfucker buffering?

I tapped his forehead and said, "Dude!". "You ran into and knocked over Miley Cyrus, and got her number?!" "Why didn't you tell me when it happened?!" He asked. I replied "Jess told me you went home with some brunette, I wasn't gonna go searchin' for you.. Didn't wanna have to bleach my eyes, ya know..."

I got up and walked to my kitchen to feed Sobek, "She was worth it bro..." Chance stated while following me. "Enough I don't wanna hear about your expeditions, I had enough of that in school" I said while laughing. "So you're gonna try the music thing?" He asked. "Yeah, I just hope it works out.. I'm so damn nervous about fallin' short or not meeting the level of others.." I said messing with my necklace. "Well we know you can sing, you can play guitar... The real question is can you write songs?" He asked. I shrugged, I can but no one, even Chance, cause I think they suck. "Kinda?" I said with a questioning tone. "Do you have any written now?" Do I tell him? I mean he is my best friend.. " I have one, I wrote about how I caught Steph cheating on me..." I said, staring at Sobek, who's just chowing down on his dog food. "Oh shit dude, I didn't know.." He said. An awkward silence fell between us, I cleared my throat and asked "Do you wanna hear it?" He looked at me and nodded "Hell yeah I wanna hear it".

We walked up to my room, I grabbed my guitar, sat on the stool in my room and cleared my throat.. "If it sounds like shit, it's because I'm nervous.." I said looking at Chance and Sobek, who were sitting on my bed. "It's all good Y/N, I wouldn't judge you." I hummed and nodded. "Ready?" I asked. He said "Absolutely, lemme hear them A1 Vocals." I started strumming my guitar and sang:

E by Matt Mason

(A/N: Play video)