Risk Takin'

(A/N: The Video above is what Y/N sounds like singing E. That's not what ya look like..)

I thought all weekend about what Chance had said on Friday.. It's now Monday afternoon and I kept finding myself hovering over the "Login" option on YouTube.. It's like the idea of actually chasing and possibly achieving my dream has me frozen in a state of fear.. I guess that makes sense.. After 20 minutes of internal debate, I clicked the little icon and logged into my account...  I've uploaded videos before but nothing like this...

I went out to my porch with my camera and my guitar.. I can't believe I let Chance talk me into this.. I set the camera up on my table and hit record, please no voice cracks, was all I kept repeating in my head as I strummed my guitar. As the first verse got closer, I felt my nerves disappear as I sang it, this is so weird.. As I kept singing I had flashbacks to finding my ex cheating on me. I blocked them out as best as I could, I hate showing emotions when it comes to her.. I could hear the fervor in my voice as I approached the end of the song and before I knew it the song was over. I turned the camera off and brought everything inside, while also letting Sobek out to run around the yard, who tried to take my legs out in the process, but I dodged him just in time.

As I entered the house, my mom scared the shit out of me, "Hey hon-" "Holy shit Mom a little warning next time!" I exclaimed as I jumped outta my skin. "I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean to scare you like that" she said while bent over laughing. "I'm glad you find it funny to damn near give your son a heart attack", I said. "I came over to bring you some dinner but I couldn't help but overhear you singing on the porch..." she said as she trailed off. "Oh.. you heard me..?" I said nervously, avoiding her eye contact. "Yes I did, you sounded amazing Y/N, I didn't know you could sing like that!" "I was recording a youtube video of me singing the song I wrote about the whole situation with Steph.. Figured I'd upload it and see what happens" I said slowly making my way out of the kitchen.

I walked into my living room, which wasn't far from the kitchen, and put my camera on the table and my guitar on one of the numerous guitar stands in my humble abode. As I walked back into the kitchen, I smelled one of my Mom's home-cooked meals.. "Whatcha make for dinner mom?" I asked and immediately said "It smells delicious" She said, "I made steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli, ya know something easy and quick.." I grabbed the plate she brought over for me and heated it up in the microwave. "You know Chance is the one who gave me the whole youtube idea" I said as I grabbed water out of the fridge.. This Tennessee heat is no joke..

"Of course that crazy kid would give you that idea, I wouldn't expect anything less of him." She said as she grabbed the plate out of the microwave and handed it to me. "I hope the video does well.. And I hope Steph doesn't see it when I upload it, I don't need that drama.." I said making my way to the living room, my mom right behind me with the silverware I forgot to grab.. What would I do without her..

"You know I wasnt gonna give you these.. Cause i wanted to see you try to eat mashed potatoes with your fingers" She said laughing, handing me the silverware.. "I did it as a kid, just cause it aint finger food to you mom dont mean it aint finger food to me.." I said with my voice full of sarcasm. *Whack* "Ow! What was that for?!" I shouted. "Don't get smart with me Y/N" She said, giving me the "mom look". "That fucking hurt ya know.." I said as I was chewing. *Whack* "Mom! What the fuck! "Don't talk with your mouth full, I raised you with manners.." She said, still staring at me. I just nodded, not wanting to get hit again.

Once I finished dinner and I was in the clear of being abused by my loving mother, I opened my laptop and plugged in the SD card from my camera and started editing my video.. I'm not new to youtube but I'm not a pro if that makes sense. My mom was sat on the couch next to me watching some Lifetime movie. I could hear her sniffling, which meant she was crying. "You okay over there Ma?" I asked my eyes not leaving the screen of my laptop. "I'm okay Y/N. Just getting emotional, you know how I get with these movies.." she said. I just nodded, I know not to look at her when she gets upset because she'll get all shy about it. As I was editing the video, I got a text from an unknown number.. I recognized the area code, It was a Knoxville number.. I don't know anyone in Knoxville..