Dive Bar Romance

(A/N: She's so damn pretty!)

Kelsea's POV

As I watched my Alma Mater destroy the other team tonight made me realize how much I miss home. Of course, I bumped into a sweet man named Y/N, well... more like he bumped into me... he was going to climb over the railing, he should use the stairs like a normal person. I, on the other hand, was fighting for my life through the crowd trying to get back to my friends and security guards. He was sweet enough to make sure I didn't get trampled or run over as he walked me to the other side of the field. He told me a little about himself, but I wanted to know more. He is definitely a smooth talker, he kept calling me darlin' with his southern drawl and perfect smile. Woah Kelsea chill out you barely know this guy. He invited me to a bar that's by the school, which is where we are heading now. We, being my security guards and myself. I gotta say though I'm shocked he didn't recognize me, especially since being so close to me at the game.

As the car pulled up to the bar, you could hear the music and chatter from the sidewalk. I looked at the sign out by the door that read Open Mic Night! Let's Hear What Ya'll Got!. I put my hat down and walked into the bar, taking a minute to take in the atmosphere. The air had a thickness to it and it smelled of beer, and the patrons were loud and focused on their conversations. I walked further into the bar and saw a makeshift stage with a stool to sit on. I turned to one of my security guards and told them to give me some space and that I'd been to this bar before.

I walked up to the bar and ask the bartender for a Tequila Sour. As I'm waiting for my drink, two big hands cover my eyes, "Scott if that's you, move your hands or you'll regret it.", I said. "Who the hell is Scott, Darlin' cheatin' on me already?," The mystery person said behind me, causing a chill to run down my back. "Y/N you better leave this pretty lady alone!" The bartender shouted. "Damn Jess, Why you gotta ruin my fun?!" Y/n said while moving his hands. I laughed and grabbed my drink from Jess. "Thank you, Jess, put it on Y/n's tab for me?" "You got it hun. Y/N what are you drinking tonight?" "Double Jack and Coke, the usual, and Chance wants a Cosmopolitan." He said holding in a laugh. I go to find a table as he grabs his drinks, "We're over here darlin'." Y/N says.

 I follow them to the table and have a seat on the stool. "Here's your Cosmo Chance," Y/N says laughing. "Dude that's not fucking funny. I didn't ask for that, you asshole." the man I know now as Chance said. I covered my mouth to hide my laugh. "Dude I coulda swore you said a Cosmo... My bad." Y/n said laughing so hard he was crying. Chance punched Y/N in the shoulder and finally looked at me. "Woah..." He said. I looked down thinking "Please god don't notice me." Y/N elbowed him, "Dude your drooling, close your mouth before bugs nest!" Chance quickly closed his mouth and said, "Sorry ma'am you look really familiar..." "I get that a lot," I replied.

Before Chance could say anything else the lights dimmed and the stage lit up. Jess, the bartender, had a microphone in her hand and was getting ready to speak. "Hey, ya'll how are we doing tonight?!" She said. The bar started hootin' and hollerin', they were excited for the open mic night. I wonder whos singing tonight. I looked around the bar, as my foot hit something. I looked down and realized Y/N had a guitar case against his leg, That's right he said he was gonna be singing tonight... I turned back to the stage as Jess called up the first singer.