The Fair and Fallin' Hearts

Y/N Pov

I woke up to my phone ringing, well more like screaming at me, due to the hangover I am currently nursing. I reached up under my pillow for my phone and looked to see who was calling this early in the morning. My eyes had to adjust to the brightness of my phone screen, the screen had "Darlin" on it. There's only one person I call darlin, so I quickly answered the phone, "Well good mornin sunshine" Kelsea said. "Mornin Darlin'", I rasped out with sleepiness laced in my voice. "Y/N it's 2 in the afternoon, wake your ass up!" Someone yelled from the outside of my door. "I'm up will ya leave me alone!" I yelled back. I heard Kelsea laughing at the conversation, "Oh so you think me getting yelled at is funny huh?" I asked as I got out of bed and made my way to my closet to get clothes for my shower, Hygiene is important after drinking.

"No I just think its funny that as an adult you still have to be woken up..." Kelsea said. "I rarely sleep in, I'm also nursing this mean hangover" I said as I grabbed my clothes, which consisted of a t-shirt and jeans and made my way to the bathroom. "Makes sense you did drink a lot, if I didn't know any better I'd thought Jess was tryna kill ya" Kelsea said making me laugh. "She just knows I can handle my liquor. But imma hop in the shower, you can stay on the phone just know I sing in the shower." I said as I climbed in the shower putting my phone in the protective case on my shower wall so I could hear her.

"Oh, so I get free entertainment, like last night?" Kelsea said. I laughed, "Only if you wanna listen darlin'". She said, "I'll take you up on that offer kind sir." "Alexa, play Do You Remember by Jay Sean." I said. "Now Playing Do You Remember by Jay Sean" was announced through the speakers throughout the bathroom. "This is my shit!" I said, forgetting Kelsea was on the phone as I started singing and dancing like an idiot. "There's nothing left to say..." singing into my shampoo bottle. Kelsea's laugh echoed through the shower. "I would kill to be a fly on the wall in your bathroom right now," She said. "Now Miss Ballerini is that your way of saying you wanna be in my bathroom right now, mind you I'm nekkid.." I said teasing her, doing my skin routine. "I- Uh- Uhm, That's not what I meant!" She said making me laugh. "I'm just teasin' ya darlin. If you wanna see my shower show, just Facetime me," I said laughing.

I moved the protective case up more so she would only be able to see my face and upper body, just as the Facetime request popped up. I answered it, "Well, Howdy Darlin," I said. She smiled, "Hey handsome, havin' fun? It sounded like it." Pocketful of Sunshine started playing and I laughed, "This is also my jam." "Take me Away! A secret place! A sweet escape!" I sang into the same shampoo bottle from earlier. "So this is what men do in the shower?" She asked. "Nope just this man," I said and pointed at myself. I did a spin and lost my footing, almost falling in the shower. "Holy shit are you okay?" Kelsea asked me trying to hold in her laugh. I laughed so hard at myself, "I'm good, just saw my life flash before my eyes." She finally let out the laugh she was holding in.

We continued to talk and laugh at my stupidity as I finished my shower and skin routine. I grabbed the phone out of the protective case and placed it on my bathroom counter facing the ceiling. I wrapped a towel around my waist and used a separate towel for my hair. "Jeez you take longer than I do," Kels said. "Ma'am I wasn't born this good looking ya know" I replied while looking to see it was 3 o'clock. "My skincare routine takes the longest," I told her now looking at her while getting dressed. I realized Kelsea was really quiet, so I looked down with my toothbrush in my mouth. "You okay there sweetheart?" I asked while noticing she was staring at me, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. "Uh... Yeah, I'm good, Just thinkin' about some stuff" She replied.

I finally finished getting dressed, still on the phone with Kelsea. "So can I know what we are doing tonight?" She asked, curiosity laced in her voice. "No ma'am it's a surprise. But dress comfy, and be ready to have fun." I replied. "Ugh you're no fun, why can't you just tell me?" She begged. "I can't do that darlin and you know it," I said looking at her. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, only to be pounced on by Sobek. "Hey buddy! I missed you too, but get off of me." I said to him while petting him. "Who's the cutie?" Kels asked. "This handsome boy is Sobek, he is my Belgian Malinois," I said showing him on the camera. "He's adorable! He and Dibs would get along great!" She said. "You'll have to come to meet him and give him all the pets," I said. "I definitely will have to, you sure you ain't gonna get jealous?" She asked. "I ain't gonna make any promises..." I said laughing.