Chapter 80- KBS Music Festival 2016

Author's Note at the End :)

December 29th, 2016:

It was the fateful day. A little over two months of practice with the girls was going to come to fruition today at KBS Gayo Daechukje. I would also be performing with the rest of the 97 line that was performing a song about youth. Jungkook had more of a central role in that performance as I would be more of a backup vocal.

I was in a denim outfit like the other 97 liners, with a red plaid accent like the other girls had for the performance. We were to be interviewed before our performance and we had all huddled in the corner of the waiting area. I was joking around with Eunha when the special hosts, Dahyun (Twice) and Sejeong (IOI) got the green light to start their segment. Jungkook was off to the side near the hosts since he had been chosen to speak during the interview. I was to the side and back. The hosts introduce themselves and turn to us.

"Hello, the vibe here is great," Sejeong says smiling, "how did you all meet?"

"We were all born in '97 and want to share our energy," DK from Seventeen answered.

"What kind of performance will you be showing us?" Dahyun asks.

"We are here to celebrate and comfort the youth," Jungkook says his line, "so SEVENTEEN Band will be performing with us as well".

"It's hard to catch all of you together. How did you meet?" Sejeong questions.

"The male idols born in '97 have our own group chat room," Yugyeom (GOT7) said from beside me, "we became friends quickly since we're the same age".

Eunha and I look at each and I chuckle inwardly. There wasn't anything particularly funny, it was just an awkward environment with all the boys and girls mixed but trying desperately to not interact with each other out of fear of rumours spreading, despite all of us being friendly.

"You're performing together and it'll be great to maintain friendships," Dahyun reads from her cue card, "Jihyo (Twice), what do you think?"

"There are several male idols born in '97, so I'll discuss with the girls about a group chat too," she answered, looking at us nodding happily.

"Can we get a snippet before we leave?" Sejeong asks.

Jungkook starts us off and Jihyo signs for us to stop. We had told each other to keep it short and short it was, like 2 seconds short. The hosts end the segment and Taemin starts his performance on stage, which Jimin would join after for their collab stage. Jungkook and I would have watched it with the others in our changing room, but we had to be on standby backstage with the other '97 liners so we watched on the TV backstage.

"They work so well together," I comment to Jungkook who was standing beside me watching Jimin's performance with Taemin intently, "Jimin oppa looks so energised despite having just performed Lie".

"He's definitely very sexy," Eunha who was on my other side said almost absentmindedly, looking at the screen, head tilted.