Chapter 31- New York KCon

Underlined = English

June 25th, 2016:

The past couple of weeks had been hectic, to say the least. We had been flying around Asia giving concerts, interviews, and shooting shows. This busy schedule made it so that I didn't really have time to get down on myself or think of things that weren't going right. Everyone was just working for the next schedule after the next schedule.

We were now in New York for KCon. I was hoping to finally get to know Mamamoo if only a little bit.  They were the only girl group here, aside from Ailee, and I wanted to hang out. I had heard so much about them and only met them in passing so hopefully now we had a real chance of meeting for real.

We had just finished rehearsals and were walking back to the changing rooms. We bowed to the staff and artists we passed to go to our rooms.

"Mamamoo!" I smile, bowing when I see them coming out of their changing room.

"Y/N!" Hwasa smiles, bowing back.

I notice the camera behind them and remember they were Showtime alongside Gfriend.

"Have you guys had rehearsals yet?" I ask.

"Yeah, we were the first to go, we're the first performers," Moonbyul nods, "you just coming back from yours?"

"Yeah, am I that sweaty," I joke.

"Oh, no, no!" Solar says hurriedly embarrassed.

"It's okay, I always go too hard during rehearsals," I chuckle, not wanting them to think I took offence.

"Are you staying at the same hotel?" Wheein questions.

"I think so? I was hoping you might want to hang out? I was put with the girls rooms, so I'm farther away from my members..." I say.

"Of course!" Solar beams, "here, let's exchange numbers".

She passes me her phone and I type in my contact info.

"I'll share it with everyone," she smiles.

"Great, thanks," I bow once again, "I'll see you guys around".

I get back to my changing room and Yoona, a stylist, and Daeseong were waiting for me.

"Where were you?" Daeseong says, looking at me disapprovingly.

I look at him reproachfully. Why was he getting mad at me? It's not like I was late or anything. We had an hour and a half to get ready for the interview with fans. And, in the end, he didn't have to know where I was or what I was doing.

"I was thinking the dress," Areum, the new main stylist for me says, making me look away from Daeseong, "the boys will be wearing their suits and I don't want you to blend in too much".