Chapter 60- Hidden Relationships

Underlined + Italicised = French

November 1st, 2016:

It was an all-out war on social media in Korea and Kpop-related social media internationally. People were divided over whether it was a mockery of justice, or I was truly guilty of lying about everything. Some even said, after reading the court transcript, that I had been the aggressor for slapping and kicking Daeseong when I tried to get him off of me. It felt like my name, and BTS, was being run through the mud. Once again, my family reached out, I talked with my dad for two hours complaining and saying how mad I was. My sister, just like the last time, texted how unjust it was and she was still rooting for me, but otherwise nothing. I asked my dad he just told me she was going through stuff, but I shouldn't be too worried. Finally, I decided it was time to figure out what was going on with her.

We were on our way to shoot House of ARMY for the 3rd Muster and I called him while in the car. I called her three times before she finally picked up.

"Hello," she said finally picking up.

"Hey," I say, "are you busy?"

"No, was just cooking," she answers flatly.

"...Well, I thought I'd call given it's been a while," I say, not understanding why she was being so cold, "how you been? Papa told me you had some stuff going on?"

She doesn't answer right away, but I could hear plates and cutlery noises in the background.

"Yeah, I'm good," she finally answers, "jobs super hectic. I'm covering the Phoenix Fiasco (big political story in Canada in November 2016) so a lot of writing and calling. And then I've babysat Anne and Mathieu a couple of times..."

"You still happy with being a journalist though?" I ask, knowing how excited she had been to study and work in the field.

"Oh, yeah. It's great," she answers confidently, "what about you though? I've been following everything... I'm really sorry about the verdict. It really seems like the judge was not in the same courtroom as everyone else. Glad you're appealing it. Someone in my office is actually writing about your story and the whole kind of, movement going on. They don't know I'm your sister, but it's cool to see their briefs about your story. You're really doing something incredible".

"Yeah... I guess it's been super hectic for me too," I chuckle darkly, "my name's everywhere. I'm glad you're not getting dragged into this"

"We keep having to tell Anne to keep it on the down low," my sister laughs a bit, "she's really proud of you too. But we don't want her to become too public".

"Oh, god," I groan, "the last thing I'd want is for her to get mixed up in this".

I hear her let out a small cry of pain as I finished my sentence.