Chapter 9 - Love to Hate Me

Underliend = English

Underlined + Italicised = French

February 23rd, 2016:

It was early in the morning and Namjoon and I were in the recording studio. We had recorded a few versions of Jiyong's song as well as tweaked it a bit so at times my voice overlapped with his or I added adlibs.

"Thanks for staying up with me," I say to Namjoon as I put the recordings in an email to send to Jiyong.

"Of course," Namjoon said standing up and stretching, "always a fun time with you".

I laugh.

"Pretty sure most people would disagree," I chuckle, "most people in this company probably tolerate me at most".

"Is that seriously what you think?" Namjoon says sadly, "because it's not true. Sure, at times they might be a little frustrated, but at the end of the day, everyone loves you. You're an adorable little firecracker. I think, maybe, you just have to interact with them more, you did well before debut but kind of stopped after. Obviously, we all understand, school and being an idol is a lot, but I don't know, get to know them. Buy them coffee. Pick your battles more...".

"Nice slipping that in at the end there," I smirk, finishing up the email.

"You're just always on the defensive," Namjoon sits back down next to me, "open up a bit".

I frown, not really liking that idea.

"Come on Y/N, you're an amazing human being, but I feel like you've only shown the company, and even ARMY, like 60-70 percent of you. Come out of that shell of yours," Namjoon says poking my side playfully.

"I'll think about it," I say quietly, finally sending the email.

"You really should, ARMY love it when you post," he continues, "maybe it's your strategy to build suspension, but I'm sure they'd love more regular updates".

"I know... I will," I sigh, "I know I need to. I promise I'll post once every two days now. And I need to finalise my mixtape too".

"About that," Namjoon says, "what songs are you thinking about putting on it?"

"I have a list," I mutter, going to the note app on my phone. I find the right note and show it to Namjoon

----

(Not all have been mentioned directly before)

Mixtape:

Girl on Fire (Alicia Keys)

Supermarket Flowers (Ed Sheeran)

Let's Hurt Tonight (One Republic)

Hope Not (Blackpink)

You Never Know (Blackpink)

----