Chapter 1

"Thank you." I told the handsome man in front of me. He handed me a 10 dollar bill and walked away with his margarita. 

"A vodka on the rocks, please." I turned to the left and saw a petite woman sitting at on a stool.

"Coming right up." I poured her drink and handed it to her with a napkin. She handed me a 20.

"Keep the change."

I thanked her and went back to wiping down the bar. 2 young ladies came up to the bar and were about to ask for drinks when someone yelled behind them.

"Out of the way, your girl needs a drink." The woman said. "Gin and tonic, please. ASAP." I looked up and was met with the eyes of the one and only Florence Pugh. Wow.

"You got it." I made her drink and when I handed it to her, I lightly touched her finger. Something happened above her head and a sign appeared.

Soulmate Touch Activated. Please go to XXX south XXX east tonight at midnight. You will be informed of what to do next.

"Woah. What's that thing above your head? Or am I just too drunk?" She laughed.

"No, there's definitely one above your head, too." I looked above and saw the same sign.

"I GET TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR SOULMATE?? OH THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!" She giggled. I panicked. I took in a deep breath and let it out. "What's your name?" She asked.

"Y/N."

"Well, Y/N. We are about to have the best time finding your soulmate! Should I meet you back here at the end of the party and we can go to this address together?"

"I guess I have no other choice."

"Calm down, babe. This is going to be so fun! Thanks for the drink, I'll see you in a bit!" She waved and pranced off.

"What just happened?" I whispered to myself. Before I could overthink it, someone else came to the bar asking for a drink. I cleared my mind and went back to mixing cocktails.

---30 minutes until midnight---

"Y/N!!!" Florence came bouncing over to the bar. She was wearing a beautiful purple jumpsuit with fire heels. Her hair was down and curly, and she had more energy that I have ever had in my life. "This party is so boring, let's go!"

"Florence, I can't just leave my job before the night is over."

"Yes you can, silly! Don't you know anything about soulmate adventures? Every company is legally obliged to provide to the necessary time off to find your soulmate. It starts immediately once the touch is activated. So let's go!"

"Fine, I'll go tell my boss. Wait here for me." She gave me a finger gun and giggled. I walked to the back and found my boss at a table writing something on a paper.

"Oh, Y/N. Just the girl I've been waiting for."

"Did you need me for something, Julie?"

"No, but I've been told that you've activated your soulmate touch."

"Yep. That's what I came to talk to you about."

"Go. Text me when you find him and let me know if you still need a job after that. And keep me updated girl, soulmate adventures are special."

"Thanks, J." I gave her a hug. She was my older half sister, and we're best friends. When I needed a job about a year ago, she taught me how to make drinks and hired me on the spot. Now I'm the best bartender at her restaurant. Our dad was dead, and our moms were long gone. We were really the only family that the other had, so we stuck together as much as we could. I'm very grateful to have her.

"Good luck."

"Thanks, I'll need it. Florence Pugh is my adventure guide."

"Woo! That's gonna be a party."

"Definitely. I'll talk to you later."

"Have a good time!" I waved to her and went to grab my things. I took my apron off and went to find Florence. She was sitting at the bar texting someone on her phone.

"Y/N!" She yelled. "Ready to go??" 

"Yep." I forced a smile. We walked to the car she had waiting and got in. She was going on and on about how she wishes she could find her soulmate, but she's so excited to be helping me. I tuned her out after a few minutes. 

I've never really cared about the soulmate touch stuff. I want to have a life of my own, and putting it off for someone that I don't even know sounds crazy. But my mom once told me that finding a soulmate is the best thing that one will ever do in their life. She had gotten married to me and Julies dad after having an arranged marriage. Our dad was kind of lame since he has 2 daughters from 2 women, but he really loved my mom. Once he died, she left and I haven't seen her since.

"We're here!" Florence yelled. She opened the door and jumped out of the car. I slowly got out and looked at the building ahead of me.

Los Angeles Soulmate Head Quarters

"I guess we're doing this?"

"Oh we're doing this!" She locked her hand in mine and pulled us towards the building. We got to the door but it was locked. She knocked on it and it suddenly opened. We warily walked inside and the doors shut behind us. I looked at her panicked and she just smiled.

Some lights turned on a head and we saw a desk. We walked up to it and saw that there was a book with my name on it, and one with her name on it. A loud sound rang in my ears before I heard a woman speaking.

"Welcome Y/N and Florence. Your soulmate adventure starts now."