Chapter 8

"Here, have a muffin." Florence pushed it into my hand. I was sitting on my bed while typing on my computer. I was updating files, work things, and looking at my socials. 

"I'm not hungry."

"Girl you haven't eaten today. And it's 1:45. You need to eat."

"I don't want to eat."

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to bring that many feelings into the room. But you did so good, and you got some really good feelings out."

"I know. I'm not mad, I'm just feeling all those feelings again. I really miss her."

She came and sat right next to me. "How can I help?"

I closed my computer and laid down. "Can we do something today? Something not related to soulmates, but as a distraction?"

"YES!" She yelled. Then pulled out her phone and started typing something.

"What are you doing?"

"Texting Andrew and looking for things to do in the area."

I smiled and rolled my eyes. Then got up and got ready for the day. My stomach started grumbling so I eventually ate the muffin. 

"I've got it!" Flo yelled. 

"What are we doing?"

"Zip lining." She smiled at me.

"I hate heights. You know this."

"I know. But you said you wanted a distraction. What better than something you're terrified of?"

I sighed, knowing that I wasn't going to win this fight. 

"Fine. But not too high."

"Deal. Now get your shoes on, and make sure to wear clothes that won't show anything when the wind goes into them."

"You mean I shouldn't show the whole world the grandma bra I'm wearing right now?"

"Yeah, that. Why do you even wear those bras? Show off what you've got, girl! I bet your soulmate would love it." She winked.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

A while later, we heard a knock on our door. Andrew walked in when Flo opened the door and smiled at me.

"Ready for this, Y/N?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Well we're doing it! Oh and Ryan texted me back. He said that he's currently in Vancouver visiting his family, but we're welcome to go up there. He'll be there for a few weeks."

"Okay. Maybe in a couple of days."

We left to the zip lining place and it was unfortunately a very fast drive. 

"Okay so you hold this, put your hand here not there, don't look down, don't squat too much, don't go upside down, don't touch this, and yell really loud. Got it? Okay." The instructor said. I was freaking out when he pushed me off of the platform and I went flying. 

I screamed as loud as I could and held on for dear life. Once I landed on the next platform, I fell on the floor. 

"Never again. I can't. Please don't make me." I looked up at Florence.

"One more?" She smiled at me and batted her eye lashes.

"You'd have to blind fold me."

"I can do that." She took a bandana from her pocket and tied it around my head.

"I wasn't serious!" 

"Well I was. Bye!" She pushed me off again and I went flying to the next platform.