Chapter 12

"Jules, I'm home!" I yelled as I walked in. I set my stuff on the floor and took my shoes off.

"Y/N!!!!" She yelled. I went into the living room and she attacked me in a hug.

I laughed and hugged her back.

"I've missed you so much!" I whispered into her hair.

She squeezed me tighter. "I've missed you more. How has the trip been?"

We pulled away and sat on the living room couch.

"It's been awesome! I've met a bunch of really cool people. I also went to karaoke, open mic night, clubbing, got a guys number, almost hit a man, and talked to the cutest little boy. Oh and zip lining."

Julie gaped at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're growing!" She hugged me and squealed.

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"Before you went on this adventure, would you have ever done any of those things?"

I thought about it. Before we started travelling, I was really shy. I hated getting out of my comfort zone and talking to new people.

"No, I wouldn't have." 

She grinned at me. "I love this new you! Now we can go clubbing all the time!" She clapped.

"Calm down, it was probably a one time thing."

She glared at me. "Nope. It will be happening often. So be ready."

I smacked her and then we kept chatting. 

She had finally given a hint to one of the new bartenders, who asked her out as a result. She said yes, and now they're dating! Not officially boyfriend and girlfriend, but dating. She said that because she is his boss, they won't know if they're soulmates unless he stops working for her. But he doesn't want to take that chance yet. They want to see where it goes, first.

A knock sounded on the door and I looked at Julie.

"Do you think it's her?"

"Probably. It's around the time she said she'd be here."

I stood up and took a deep breath. Then I walked over to the door and opened it.

My mom stood on the other side. She had short black hair that was curled, bright red lipstick on, and 3 inch heels.

"Darling!" She yelled, then walked in and hugged me. It was very awkward. And she didn't smell good.

"Mother."

"Julie! How good to see you." She gave her an awkward hug, too.

"You as well."

"Let's sit! Catch up!" She walked in the living room and sat down on the couch.

We sat in separate chairs and didn't talk.

"How are you girls doing?"

"Fine, mother. Working. School."

"What are you studying?"

"Advertising."

"Wonderful, that's a job that will get you a lot of money." She winked at me.

I lightly smiled at her and then looked away.

"And Julie, what are you up to?"

"I own a restaurant. It's been doing pretty well."

"Oh that's amazing! What is it called?"

"Babes."

My mom grimaced, then smiled. "I'll have to check it out while I'm visiting."