Chapter 4

---Y/N POV---

"Ayo, Y/N. Wake up. Dinner is being served." Florence nudged my arm. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up in my chair. A flight attendant came over to us.

"Hello, ladies. We have chicken cordon blue with a side of pasta salad, or a 6 oz steak with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Which can I get for you?"

"I'll take the chicken, please." Florence said.

"I'll have the steak, thank you." 

The flight attendant smiled at us and walked away.

"I love plane food. It always tastes way yummier than ground food." Florence licked her lips.

"Interesting. Hey, how long was I asleep?"

"About 4 hours. We have 7 left."

"Dang. I don't think I like long flights."

"Me either. But we can watch movies! What kinds of movies do you like?"

"Rom coms. I'm a sucker for a good romance."

She squealed. "Me too!! Have you ever seen Isn't It Romantic??"

"Yes!! I love that one. Let's watch it after dinner."

"Deal."

Our dinner arrived a few minutes later and we downed it. Flo was right, plane food is better than ground food. We moved the barrier between our seats so that we could watch the movie more comfortably. 

When it was over, we were both pretty tired, so we each took a nap. I laid my head on her shoulder and she leaned her head on mine.

---Hyunjin's POV---

"Hyunjin, manager-nim wants to see you in his office." Chan told me. I groaned.

"Alright, who told him?" I pointed to the members. "I bet it was you, Lee Know. You're still mad that I said Kkami is cuter than your cats."

"There is no way that your dog is cuter than my boys. But no, I didn't tell anyone. None of us did." All the members agreed.

"Come on, let's go work this out." Chan grabbed my arm and lead me out of the room.

"Hyung, what if they kick me out of the group? They almost did during Kingdom."

"Hyunjin, they won't kick you out. Stays all over would be so mad, and having a soulmate isn't something you can control. It was bound to happen at some point."

"I guess you're right." We stopped in front our managers office and knocked on the door. 

"Come in." He said. We walked into the office and sat down in the chairs. "I'm assuming you know why you're here?" 

"Maybe?" I shrugged.

"One of our assistants saw your soulmate tag above your head and reported it here. You're the first of our company to have a soulmate, so we're going in blind with this one. How has she progressed so far?"

"She's on her way to her first person."

"Oh good, we've got time. Let's keep this on the DL for as long as we can. I'll talk to the PR team and we'll figure out what to tell the world. Got it? Don't tell anyone but your immediate family and the members."

"That sounds good." I thanked him. We bowed and left the room.

"Well that went better than expected." Chan smiled at me.

"Yeah it did. I definitely thought that I'd be dead at this point."

"Don't worry, we've got your back." He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked to the studio.

Jeongin attacked me in a hug as soon as I stepped into the room. "Hyung, you can't leave us! We won't let you go!" He cried.

"Jeongin, I'm not leaving. We just can't tell anyone about it."

He stopped crying and pulled away. "Really?"

"Really. So we just continue on with our lives as normal until something happens. Got it?"

"Got it." They all said.

"BACK IN FORMATION, ALL OF YOU!" Lee Know suddenly yelled. I scrambled to my spot as Case 143 started playing over the speakers.

---Y/N POV---

"Girl wake up. We're landing." Florence poked me.

"Already? It feels like it's been 10 minutes."

"For real. We slept like logs, I guess. But get ready to get off the plane. I've reserved a hotel room for us tonight and then tomorrow we go soulmate finding!" She smiled at me. "Also we need to come up with a best friend handshake."

"Yeah we do. I'll start thinking of ideas."

"Good, me too." I put my seatbelt back on and sat upright in my seat.

Once we landed, we got off the plane and walked to the car that was waiting for us. It took us to a nice hotel and we collapsed on the beds in our room. 

"Even after all that sleeping we did on the plane, I'm still so tired. We're gonna sleep good tonight." Flo sighed.

"Agreed." I grabbed my pajamas and got ready for bed. It was around 8:00 London time and I was ready to sleep. I was brushing my teeth when Florence burst into the bathroom.

"Girl, you have to check this out!" She put her phone in front of my face and showed me a video. It was some compilation video of the best music videos of 2022. There was a boy band on the screen at the moment. They were singing some song in a different language, and the main front boy was pretty attractive. He had long blond hair and a beautiful face. He quickly disappeared and Florence popped up. She was singing "Midnight," and her music video was playing.

"Dude, that's awesome!!" I high fived her.

"Right?? My fans are the best." She smiled and squealed. I laughed and finished brushing my teeth. 

"Can I see the video one more time?" She nodded and handed me her phone. I went back a couple minutes to the band right before her. They were called "StrayKids," and seemed to be pretty loved by their fans. I handed her phone back to her and looked them up on mine. Looking through their pictures, I found the boy that I had seen earlier.

"Hwang Hyunjin. Hmm. He's pretty cute."