1. Into the fire

Dragons. These brutal bloodthirsty shifters have ruled over humans like us for centuries.

Their fire means death, but there's one thing humans fear more....... Becoming one of their Slaves.

Hold your breath don't make a sound one wrong move tonight...... and we'll never be seen again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Smack!

Jungkook hits the floor and tastes blood. His face throbs where his father struck him, like he has so many times before.

"You spilled my good liquor!"

"I didn't mean to, It was—"

He raises his hand at Jungkook again. But the thunderous roar of a dragon overhead cut him off. It's the winter solstice. The one night of the year where the dragons descend...... And hunt humans. To take them as their sick playthings.

"God Jungkook, be quiet! Are you trying to get me kidnapped and made into a fucking slave?"

Jungkook glared at his sister Mina. She fakes a frightened sob to get him in worse trouble.

"Mina I'm not the one being loud."

"Now you're insulting me? Was killing our brother not enough?"

"You know I didn't kill our brother. He—"

Jungkook's mother grabs him by his hair, yanking him up to look into her cold eyes.

"Shut your mouth, Jungkook. One more word and I'll throw you outside."

Jungkook grits his teeth and balls his hands into shaking fists.

"Jungkook! Jungkook, help me, please!"

Jungkook's heart stops when he recognizes his best friend's voice. He pounds against the front door.

"Oh my god, that's Jimin Hyung! We have to let him in!"

"Not a chance in hell."

A vicious snarl rumbles behind the door. Jimin screams. Ignoring his parents' threats, Jungkook sprints for the door and grabs a knife.

Once he's out of the house, smoke and ash chokes him. He moves through the inky blackness, dodging bursts of flame from dragons soaring high above.

"Jimin hyung! Where are you?! Hyung I—"

The ground suddenly shakes as two dragons land in front of him, shifting down into their human form.

"What do we have here? He's a pretty one"

"Yeah but he is feisty. We'll need to break him in. Teach him how to behave."

The hulking dragons grin, licking their lips as they corner him. Jungkook grips his knife with white knuckles, digging his heels into the ground. With a dangerous glare, he raises his knife. The two men chuckle.

"You don't want to fight us. You won't last a second."

"Bring it on. I'll chop of your balls."

"You couldn't chop off my little finger sweetheart."

"Come here and find out."

The bigger dragon lunges for him, and Jungkook swings the knife at his crotch. He slices DEEP into his thigh.

"Ahh. You little bitch! I'll kill you!"

Jungkook braces himself as the huge dragon swings a powerful fist at him....... But it stops mid-air.

A man twice as strong, as dark, and dangerous as the storm-filled sky, stand in front of him.

"You damage him, and I'll damage you"