7.Running for life

In the dead of night, jungkook wakes up to a dark figure pressing a sharp blade to his throat. 

"Don't move, jungkook" Jungkook reaches for Taehyung, sleeping soundly across the room from him. But the man presses the knife deeper.

"Don't" Jungkook freezes putting his hands up. In one swift movement, the man takes his wrist and pulls him from the bed. He shoves Jungkook through a trapdoor in the floor.  

Once they're out in the hallway, the candlelight reveals the attacker's face. "Yoongi hyung? I thought we were friends"

"We are. I'm sorry about the knife. I couldn't risk you waking the king."

"And why's that?"

"I'm getting us out of here. We're escaping."

"What? How?"

"I heard your voice in the hall last night. I was.....in one of the other rooms." Yoongi hides his face and jungkook's heart twists in his chest. He couldn't imagine what he has gone through. "Felix had put me down here. My punishment for shoving him off you."

"Hyung, I'm so sorry." Yoongi shakes his head.

"It's okay. In the end, it was a good thing. I was able to swipe this off of one of my masters when he was sleeping. I picked the lock with it and found my way to you. Now if we're careful, we'll be able to get out of here."

"Hyung, that was smart."

"I learned from you. To survive here, we have to be smart." Yoongi takes jungkook's hand, tugging him towards the exit.  "Come on. This is a brothel. No one's asleep for long." 

Jungkook hesitates, looking back at the room where Taehyung's asleep. "What are you waiting for? We have to go now." Jungkook thinks back on all the kindness taehyung has shown to him. About how he has seen taehyung suffer under the weight of his crown and his curse. 

"I can't, hyung. I feel guilty." 

"Jungkook" Yoongi steps into his line of sight, pulling down his shirt. There, on his shoulder, is a horrible band freshly burned into his flesh. "This is what they do to us. They hold us down, mutilate us, and claim us as their property."

"Hyung...."

"You were the one who stood up to them first. You showed me that we don't have to die like this. Are you with me?"

Jungkook nods and takes off with yoongi, whispering a silent apology to the man he left behind. They sneak from the corridor to corridor, moving in the darkness, until they make it to the front door.  "This is it. Our only way out."

"Let's go."

Jungkook and yoongi sprint for the door. When their hand is on the metal latch, they feel a giant shadow wash over them.  

"What do we have here? Two little slaves out of their cages?" Both turn and look up at the hulking guard. He cracks his knuckles dangerously. Yoongi trembles at  jungkook's side. 

"What do we do kook? We're trapped." Thinking fast, jungkook slinks up to the guard, biting his lip seductively. 

"We're not really out of our cages, my lord. This is a game."

"A game?" The guard cocked an eyebrow up.

"Yes. Our masters like to let us loose, they like to watch us pretend to escape." Jungkook walks his fingers up the guard's chest. Jungkook can feel the guard grow tense beneath his touch. "And at the very last second....they catch us. And punish us severely."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"You don't have to believe me. We can go ask my Master. The King."

"Your master is-"