9. Cornered

"What is this?"

Jungkook freezes when he hears Lisa. She stares at jungkook wrapped in taehyung's arms, standing over the remains of felix's body. In utter shock, jungkook buries his face in taehyung's chest. Lisa scoffs. "Don't bother hiding your guilty face. I saw everything."

"Lisa this isn't what it looks like."

"No? So you have a good explanation for our slaughtered comrade? You can explain why you're feeling each other up over his remains."

"Felix attacked first, it was self defence." Jungkook hoped Lisa to understand.

"AH! So you're a honest murderer."

"I told you, it wasn't murder. It was self defense, I-"

"Slaves have no right to self-defense!"

Scowling, taehyung steps in front of jungkook protectively. "You can't breathe a word of this lisa, that's an order."

"I don't take orders from traitorous killers." She turns to leave.

"Name a price for your silence." Taehyung's words resonate throughout the chamber, stopping lisa in her tracks. She turns back in one serpentine movement.

"You know what I want.Your hand in marriage." Jungkook's chest tightens. He feels taehyung's body tense. For a long moment no one says a word.

"Consider it done."

"What? Taehyung I'll take the blame!" Jungkook couldn't let taehyung sacrifice himself for saving him.

"That's not what I want. The only thing I want is him." Lisa slinks over to Taehyung, kissing his ear and whispering. "We do it tomorrow. Or I blame the whole mess on your little pet."

Grimly, taehyung nods. With that, he takes jungkook's hand and leads him back to their chamber. When he shuts the door, jungkook rounds on him. "You have to marry her tomorrow?! You can't. We'll make a plan and-"

"It's done, jungkook."

"But why?! There were other options, we can still-"

"WE CAN'T!!!" Taehyung bellows, his words shaking the rafters. But jungkook recognises that his voice is filled with pain and not anger. "I can't risk your life for my mistake." Taehyung's whole body shakes, his fists clenched. "She would have had you tortured, bun. To the brink of death, again and again. Your fate would have been just as gruesome as if they found your mark." Taehyung steps closer, sliding his hand up jungkook's neck, drawing him closer. "This is the only way I can keep you safe. Can't you understand? Please, petal. Please tell me, you understand."

"I understand, taehyung but you don't need to sacrifice yourself for me" Before taehyung could say anything, they heard a series of bomb-like blasts echo from the window.

"Is that an attack?"

"No." Taehyung walks to the window his face illuminated by bursts of orange light. "It's an announcement" Jungkook looks out. Dragons fill the sky, sending huge blasts of flame into the air. "They're telling everyone that I've chosen my mate." Applause and bells ring out far below.

"So that's it. It's done." Taehyung grimly nods. He pulls a leather-clad outfit from his dresser and hands it to jungkook.